If you’re fortunate, you’ve presumably never needed to use a critical illness insurance plan. Maybe you’ve never heard of it. However, in the event of a major health emergency, such as cancer, a heart attack, or respiratory failure, critical illness insurance may be the only thing that keeps you from going bankrupt.
- Because these catastrophes or diseases frequently result in higher-than-average medical expenses, these policies give out cash to assist cover such overruns when regular health insurance falls short.
- These insurances are quite inexpensive. However, the situations they will address are usually confined to a few illnesses or crises.
The Royal Sundaram Critical Illness Plan, commonly known as Critical Illness Insurance Lumpsum delivers a Lumpsum payment to the Insured Person suffering from any of the designated Critical illnesses contracted or suffered by the Insured Person during the Insurance Period.. A critical illness is a medical condition that necessitates long-term and continual monitoring, exams, medical check-ups, and testing. And the sickness is prone to reoccur. The Royal Sundaram Lifeline health insurance plan includes critical illness coverage to help with the costs of treating such horrible conditions, and the specifics are as follows:
Features and Benefits of Royal Sundaram Critical Illness Policy
The key advantages and elements under the Royal Sundaram Critical Illness Policy are given beneath:
- This insurance is available to proposer’s family members aged 91 days to 65 years at the policy’s commencement date.
- Individuals who can be covered: Self, life partner, and monetarily subordinate kids between the age gathering of 91 days and 25 years. For subordinate youngsters’ restoration is conceivable up to the age of 25 years
- Annual tax reductions: The exceptional paid under this basic ailment plan is qualified for tax cuts u/s 80D of the personal assessment Act
- In-house Guarantee Settlement-Illustrious Sundaram General Protection gives in-house settlement of your health care coverage claims.
- 90-days Holding up Period-The basic sickness cover for a predefined disease is given after consummation of 90-days of the holding up period
- The aggregate safeguarded sum in the Royal Sundaram Preeminent is Rs 5 lakh to Rs 100 lakh and in the Imperial Sundaram First class plan it is Rs 25 lakh to Rs 150 lakh
Inclusion under Royal Sundaram Critical Illness Strategy
Regal Sundaram’s Critical Illness strategy gives basic sickness cover to the accompanying rundown of illnesses:
Basic Sickness Rundown on their Most memorable Determination:
- Malignant growth of indicated seriousness
- Kidney Disappointment that requires ordinary dialysis
- Super durable side effects of different Sclerosis
- Bone marrow/significant heart relocate
- Open Chest CABG
- Severely charred areas
- Open heart medical procedure to fix heart valves
- First cardiovascular failure of determined seriousness
Abroad treatment for 11 indicated Basic sicknesses under the Royal Sundaram Elite plan is given beneath:
- Malignant growth of Cancer
- Kidney Disorder that needs Dialysis
- First Cardiovascular failure
- Stroke with Permanent Symptoms
- Fix of Heart Valves or Open Heart Transplant
- Significant Organ/Bone Marrow Relocate
- Open Chest CABG
- Motor Neurone Illness
- Continuing Symptoms of Sclerosis
The policy offers no benefits in the following areas:
- The pre-existing condition and any disease, ailment, medical condition, or injury that is a consequence of the pre-existing condition.
- Any heart, kidney, and circulation diseases in Insured Persons who already have Hypertension/ Diabetes.
- Any Critical Illness whose signs or symptoms appeared prior to or within 90 days of the Commencement Date.
- Convalescence, general debility, ‘Run-do wn’ condition or rest cure, Congenital Anomalies, Tubectomy, Vasectomy, Venereal illness, purposeful self-injury, drug overdose, or attempted suicide
- Immunodeficiency Syndrome or any related Syndrome or illness generally referred to as AIDS/HIV.
- Claims caused, resulting from, or due to:
- a. War, Invasion, Act of Foreign Enemy, Warlike Operations (whether war be declared or not).
- Terrorism involving biological, nuclear, or chemical weapons.
- Nuclear weapons and materials, as well as radioactive contamination
- Ionising radiation or pollution caused by any Nuclear fuel or Nuclear waste resulting from the combustion of Nuclear fuel
- Any explosive nuclear apparatus or portion of it that has radioactive, poisonous, explosive, or other harmful qualities.
- Any claim stemming from the use/misuse or abuse of alcohol, solvents, substances, or narcotics (whether prescription or not), with the exception of burns.
- Any claim originating from participation in any type of speed contest or racing, bungee jumping, parasailing, ballooning, parachuting, skydiving, paragliding, hang gliding, mountain or rock climbing, or similar hazardous activities.
- Any operation, therapy, or treatment performed on the Insured Person that was not prescribed or mandated by a Specialist Medical Practitioner.
- The engagement of the insured/proposer in any acts that result in a violation of the law with criminal intent.
- Critical Illness if the insured person dies within 30 days of being diagnosed.
- Any costs associated with the diagnosis, such as tests, visits, and fees.
- If the insured fails to produce a doctor’s certificate proving diagnosis or the completion of the medical/surgical operation.
- Any treatment/surgery for gender transition or cosmetic surgery, or any treatment/surgery/complications/illness resulting from such treatment/surgery.
The Claims Procedure is as follows:
The claim form should be fully filled in all respects, together with any papers (if appropriate) indicated below, and should be submitted within 30 days of the first diagnosis:
- A certificate from the insured person’s attending doctor, containing,
- The insured’s name;
- Date of the diagnosis, and medical information.
- Confirmation that the illness is not related to any pre-existing illness or injury that existed within the first 90 days of the start of the Period of Insurance.
- The insured’s name;
- Case history summary summarising the nature of the complaints and their length, therapy provided, discharge advise, and so on supplied by the hospital.
- Test results and medications from previous appointments for the same or similar condition.
- Death summary in the event of the insured person’s death in the hospital.
- FIR/MLC in the event of burns, with English translation if in another language.
- Certificate of legal heirship in the absence of nomination under the policy, in the event of the proposer’s death.
During the evaluation period, the firm will evaluate the condition/illness before reaching a judgement on claim acceptance.
- The Company may cancel the Policy at any time for misrepresentation, fraud, failure to disclose material facts relating to the insured’s insurance or non-cooperation by sending notice in writing by Registered A/D to the insured at his last known address at least 15 days in advance, in which case the Company shall not refund any amount of the premium paid by the insured
- The insured may cancel this policy in its entirety at any time, and in such case, the company will refund the premium.
What Are the Negative Aspects of Critical Illness Insurance?
Some cancers may be excluded, and chronic disorders are routinely excluded. Recurrences of a serious illness, such as a second stroke or heart attack, may result in no compensation. When the insured reaches a certain age, coverage may be terminated or decreased. It is vital to know the specific circumstances under which a policy covers a disease, as some critical illness policies have tight limitations.
Because medical expenditures are a significant cause of bankruptcy in the United States, researching this sort of coverage may be worthwhile, especially if you have a family history of any of the aforementioned conditions.
In the event that you become unable to work due to sickness, critical illness insurance might help to reduce some of your financial concerns. It gives you some freedom in that you may utilise the money handed out to fulfil a wide range of prospective requirements. This sort of insurance coverage, however, has several downsides and restrictions. Even if you have a family history of a certain disease, you may discover that alternative forms of insurance might better match your needs. You should search about for the coverage that best matches your needs and situation, just like you would for any other sort of insurance. Disability insurance may be a better option because the benefits are more comprehensive and pay out for a longer period of time.
Q1. Is emergency domestic evacuation covered by Royal Sundaram’s critical illness plan?
Ans –Yes. In its critical sickness plan, Royal Sundaram includes coverage for emergency home evacuation.
Q2. Is the critical illness sum insured under the Royal Sundaram Lifeline Elite plan sufficient?
Ans –In today’s world, a policy like Royal Sundaram Lifeline Elite health insurance, which covers an amount insured of up to Rs 100 lakh, can help pay for critical sickness treatments in India and overseas.
Q3. What is the procedure for paying the Royal Sundaram health insurance premium? What payment methods are available?
Ans –Royal Sundaram accepts two payment methods for health insurance premiums: 1. Cash payment at the branch 2. Online payment: The policyholder can pay online using a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
Q4. What is the procedure for canceling a Royal Sundaram health insurance policy?
Ans –You can take your Royal Sundaram health insurance policy documents to the nearest branch and submit them at the service counter. The reimbursement will be instantly taken from your bank account after the process is completed.