- 1 4 Recommended HDFC Health insurance Plan for Parents
- 2 Why Choose parents’ Health Insurance?
- 3 Coverage Offered by Parents Health insurance
- 4 How to Make a Claim for your HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
- 5 Save Tax with Parents’ Health Insurance Policy
- 6 6 Things to look at when buying a Parents Health Insurance plan
- 7 5 things you should remember when your Buying online parent’s health insurance
- 8 FAQs
- 8.1 Q1. Why do I need to get health insurance for my parents?
- 8.2 Q2. How to buy health insurance for my parents online?
- 8.3 Q3. What is the procedure to claim your parents’ health insurance?
- 8.4 Q4. Is there any age restriction for parents’ health insurance?
- 8.5 Q5. My parents have a pre-existing disease. Can I buy health insurance?
- 8.6 Q6. Does health insurance for parents provide any tax benefits?
- 8.7 Q7. Why should you opt for HDFC ERGO health insurance plans for parents?
A health insurance Plan for parents is a customised plan that assists parents with medical coverage. It provides comprehensive coverage against medical problems that may emerge as a result of old age and result in large medical expenses. It gives a bigger sum insured and valuable features such as annual health check-ups, cashless treatment, and so on to help them manage their medical expenses efficiently. HDFC ERGO offers a selection of health insurance policy for parents that will relieve both you and your parents of tension.
4 Recommended HDFC Health insurance Plan for Parents
- Optima Secure
- My: health Suraksha
- Medisure Super Top-up
- Optima Restore
Optima Secure – This HDFC ERGO health insurance plan provides 4X health coverage at no extra cost, which means you get four times the health coverage at the price of your desired sum insured. To obtain quality medical treatments, consider other advantages such as no disease and room rent capping. We also offer a variety of benefits such as no room rent cap, expanded before and post hospitalization, limitless day-care operations, and exciting discount opportunities. We advise you not to settle for less when you can have one of the most outstanding healthcare facilities without breaking the budget.
My: health Suraksha- HDFC ERGO has been serving your health care needs for over a decade and has a thorough understanding of your medical demands. Keeping in mind your rising need to ensure comprehensive medical contingencies, we’ve created my: health Suraksha – a simple yet comprehensive health insurance plan for everyone. HDFC ERGO Health Insurance understands the value of time by resolving one claim every minute. My: health Suraksha is a delight for individuals, families, and older persons looking for the correct health cover. It is designed with a sturdy idea and strong base coverage. This plan includes a free annual health inspection to ensure you are always healthy. Furthermore, family members under the age of 45 do not need to be tested to be insured. Another significant advantage my: health Suraksha provides the absence of room rent caps.
Medisure Super Top-up- Do you want to upgrade your current health insurance? If so, purchase Medisure Super Top-up to obtain more coverage at a reduced premium. May your health always be in good health, but what if your current health insurance is insufficient to tackle health issues? Don’t let rising medical bills make you anxious about yourself or your family. With my: health Medisure Super Top-up, you may assure a cushion of adequate coverage to receive the best medical treatment possible without any constraints or limitations.
Optima Restore- Don’t forget to get a health insurance plan for yourself while you’re planning your money. You’ll get perks like a fitness discount and a sum-covered rebound. Our health insurance coverage will cover medical bills without depleting your resources.
Selecting the right health insurance plan when protecting your family’s health is critical. You not only get cashless treatment at our network hospitals with Optima Restore, but you also get other fantastic services to fulfill all of your healthcare needs.
Why Choose parents’ Health Insurance?
Our parents’ health insurance plans are built with increasing medical requirements and rising inflation. So it would help if you chose the parents’ health insurance for the following reasons:-
- HDFC ERGO Cashless Claim Service
- HDFC ERGO’s 13,000+ Network Hospitals
- More than 13,000 Cashless Network
- 4.4 HDFC ERGO Customer Rating
- Almost two decades of insurance service by HDFC ERGO
- Nearly Two Decades of Insurance Service
- HDFC ERGO has over 1.5 million satisfied customers.
Coverage Offered by Parents Health insurance
The coverage offered by parents’ health insurance is as follows:-
1)Hospitalization Costs- Hospitalization can result in various costs, including nursing fees, ICU fees, and room and board. The policy covers all expenses spent while in the hospital.
2)Psychological Care-We feel that mental healthcare is equally as vital as physical disease or damage, so we pay inpatient costs for treating mental ailments.
3) Hospitalization (Pre and Post)-To determine the best course of treatment, doctors must perform several diagnostic tests. Over and above diagnostic costs, consultation fees must be paid. The policy covers all expenses 60 days before and 180 days following hospitalization.
4)Treatments for Day Care-Medical technological advancements have shortened the time required for various treatments. The policy covers medical treatment that does not take more than 24 hours in the hospital.
5) In-Home Care- Provided a hospital bed is unavailable, we will cover you for treatment at home if the doctor authorizes it. As a result, you can receive medical treatment in the comfort of your own home.
6) Rebound of Sum Insured- This perk functions as a miraculous backup, replenishing your depleted health coverage for the following hospitalization. Essentially, we provide continuous medical coverage in times of need.
7) Organ Donor Fees-If you find a potential organ donor, you can proceed without concern about costs because the policy covers organ donor expenditures.
8) Recovery Assistance: If you are hospitalised for more than 10 days, we will pay for any other financial damages that may have occurred due to your absence from home. It is beneficial to take care of other expenses while you are in the hospital.
9) AYUSH Advantages-Allow your faith in alternative medicines such as Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy to remain intact because we cover hospitalization costs for AYUSH treatment as well.
10) Free Renewal Health Exam-
Get a free health check-up if you renew your policy with us within 60 days.
11) Long-Term Renewability-There is no turning back once you have secured yourself with our health insurance coverage. On break-free renewals, our health plan continues to secure your medical bills for the rest of your life.
12) Multiplier Advantage-If there is no claim in the first year, the sum covered will increase by 50% in the next insurance year. That is, instead of 5 lakh, your sum covered for the second year is 7.5 lakh.
How to Make a Claim for your HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
Health Insurance Cashless Claims get approved within 60 minutes. The main reason for purchasing a health insurance policy is financial assistance in a medical emergency. As a result, it is critical to read the following stages to understand how the Health Insurance claims process differs for cashless and reimbursement claim requests.
- Intimation-For cashless approval, complete the pre-auth form at the network hospital.
- Approval/Rejection-We will provide you an update as soon as the hospital notifies us.
- Hospitalisation-Pre-auth approval is required for hospitalization.
- Claim Resolution-We settle the claim with the hospital directly at the time of rerelease
Save Tax with Parents’ Health Insurance Policy
Tax Benefits on Single Premium Medical Insurance Plans-
According to modern tax rules, the health insurance premium paid in a lump sum for a multi-year plan is qualified for a tax deduction under Section 80D. The tax-deductible amount depends on the total premium paid over the policy term. It is subject to a ceiling of Rs. 25,000 or Rs. 50,000, depending on the case.
Higher Tax Benefit on Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans-
The premium you pay for health insurance coverage obtained for your parents is tax deductible up to Rs. 50,000. Furthermore, the tax deduction maximum for expenses expended on specified ailments of the elderly is Rs. 100,000.
Deduction on medical insurance premium paid for parents-
Preventive health check-up expenses are also tax deductible. However, most taxpayers end up paying it on their own. The ceiling for tax exemption is Rs. 5,000.
Deduction on preventive health check-ups-
YIn addition to hospitalization expenses, tax exemption benefits are granted on outpatient department or OPD consultation charges and diagnostic test expenses. You can also get tax breaks for cash payments. Unlike other medical bills, which need payment via debit/credit card, check, or internet banking to qualify for tax breaks.
6 Things to look at when buying a Parents Health Insurance plan
You wonder which is the greatest health insurance plan for parents every time you browse for one for your parents. How can I find the greatest health insurance plan online? What kind of coverage should it have? To address your questions, continue reading to decipher the secrets to finding the best health insurance plan.
Get Yourself Adequate Sum Insured- Because the cost of treatment in metro cities is considerable, an individual’s total insured should preferably vary between 7 lacs and 10 lacs. If you are looking for a family plan to insure your husband and children, an amount insured of 8 lacs to 15 lacs on a floater basis is ideal. It should be sufficient to cover more than one hospitalization in a year.
Affordability- If you want to save money on health insurance premiums, co-pay your hospital costs. You end up splitting the medical costs with your health insurer, so you don’t have to pay a high premium. You could also get my: health Suraksha health insurance, which allows for monthly, semi-annual, quarterly, and annual payments.
Vast Network Of Hospitals- Always check to see if the insurance company has a large network of hospitals. You can receive cashless care if your insurance carrier lists the local hospital or medical facility. We have a large network of 13,000+ Cashless Health Care Centers at HDFC ERGO.
No Sub-Limits Help- Typically, your medical charges are determined by your room type and disease. It would be best if you chose a health insurance plan that does not have sub-limits on hospital room rent to select the hospital room that best suits your needs. Most of our policies do not also indicate disease limitation; this is an important consideration to bear in mind.
Check Waiting Periods- While your waiting period is active, your health insurance plan does not kick in. Before purchasing a health insurance plan online, always look for policies with shorter waiting periods for pre-existing conditions and maternity benefits.
Trusted Brand- Always go with a company with a strong market reputation. You should also consider the business’s customer base and claims-paying ability to determine whether the brand will respect future claims.
5 things you should remember when your Buying online parent’s health insurance
Convenience- You can sit on the couch and relax while looking for plans on the internet. You save time and effort by visiting an insurance company’s office or having an agent come to your home. You can conduct secure transactions from any location and at any time. Furthermore, the policy wordings are published online, so you can read the fine print and avoid any last-minute surprises.
Secured Payment Modes- You do not have to pay your health insurance premiums in cash or by check! Switch to digital! Use your credit/debit card or net banking services to make online payments through various safe payment methods.
Instant Quotes & Policy Issuance- To acquire a health insurance plan online, you can instantly calculate the premium, add or remove members, personalize plans, and check coverage.
What You See is What You Get- You don’t have to wait any longer for the physical health insurance policy documentation. As soon as you pay the premium online, your policy PDF copy arrives in your mailbox, and you have your coverage within seconds.
Wellness & value-added services at your fingertips- Access your policy documents, brochures, and other materials with our my: health services mobile application. Download our wellness app to book online consultations, track your calorie intake, and keep track of your BMI.
Q1. Why do I need to get health insurance for my parents?
Ans – When we were little, our parents looked after us. We must look after them during their fall years. With rising medical costs and inflation, you must purchase health insurance for your parents.
Q2. How to buy health insurance for my parents online?
Ans – Many tasks have become easier to complete with technology and internet connectivity. Purchasing health insurance for your parents is straightforward and takes a few clicks. You must go to the HDFC ERGO page and select the plan that best meets your needs. You can calculate the price and check coverage online to purchase a health insurance plan for your parents.
Q3. What is the procedure to claim your parents’ health insurance?
Ans – There are two ways to file a health claim. Reimbursement and cashless claims
Follow these simple steps to file a cashless claim.
1)You must select a network hospital for the cashless claim option.
2)At the hospital, you must complete a pre-authorization form.
3) Once the hospital has informed you of the approval, you will receive an update from your insurance provider.
4)Once authorized, the claim is settled directly with the hospital by the insurance carrier at the time of discharge.
All you have to do to get reimbursed is follow these instructions.
1)First and first, you must pay the hospital.
2) Send your insurance provider any relevant papers, including invoices and the claim form after discharge.
3)The claim management staff verifies the information based on the papers provided.
4)Once your claim is approved, the insurance company sends the claim sum into your bank account.
Q4. Is there any age restriction for parents’ health insurance?
Ans – Health insurance policies specify the maximum entrance age. Health insurance coverage can be renewed indefinitely.
Q5. My parents have a pre-existing disease. Can I buy health insurance?
Ans – If your parents have a pre-existing sickness, you can purchase health insurance. In the case of a pre-existing medical condition, you must serve a specific amount of time as a waiting period before filing a claim. When determining which insurance to purchase, it is best to choose the one with the shortest waiting period. This is subject to the policy’s terms and conditions.
Q6. Does health insurance for parents provide any tax benefits?
Yes, the premiums paid for health insurance are tax deductible under Section 80D. The entire premium paid for the policy term will be used to calculate the tax-deductible amount. The tax exemptions are subject to the Income Tax Act’s norms and regulations.
Q7. Why should you opt for HDFC ERGO health insurance plans for parents?
Ans – Several factors are highlighted below as to why one should choose HDFC ERGO health insurance policy for parents.
a. An additional 5% off online
b. Over 13,000 network hospitals
c. Long-Term Renewability
d. Pre and post-hospitalization costs
e. Service for cashless claims
f. Tax savings under Income Tax Act Section 80D