The year 2013 saw the launch of Liberty General Insurance. The insurer has 58 locations throughout India and provides customers with a wide range of insurance products. Let’s know about the Liberty Secure Health Connect Plan for Family offers a variety of benefits, making them an extremely wise decision.
Liberty Secure Health Connect Plan for Family features and advantages
- Network Hospitals: You can receive cashless treatment at any of the insurer’s more than 3,000 network hospitals located all over the nation.
- Health Insurance Plan Selection: Customers can choose from 5 different health insurance plans offered by the insurer. People can select a plan based on their needs for coverage and requirements.
- Online Purchase and Renewal of Policies: Some health insurance policies may be purchased online from the insurer’s website. Similar to this, you can renew some policies online by simply selecting the appropriate tab, entering the policy number, and proposing the proposer’s birthdate.
- High Incurred Claim Ratio: Over the past few years, the insurer has reported a very high incurred claim ratio. For the fiscal year 2015–2016, the incurred claim ratio was 106.02%.
- Tax Benefits: Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961 allows insured members to claim a tax deduction for the premium they pay toward the policy.
Plans for health insurance from Liberty General Insurance
|Plan Name||Plan Basis||Sum Insured||Policy Term|
|Policy for Liberty Health Connect||Family/individual Floater Policy||E-Connect: Rs.3 lakh – Rs.7.5 lakhBasic: Rs.2 lakh – Rs.10 lakhElite: Rs.3 lakh – Rs.15 lakhSupreme: Rs.2 lakh – Rs.15 lakh||1 or 2 years|
|Health Connect Supra Policy||Family/individual Floater Policy||Top Up Plan:Rs.3 lakh – Rs.7 lakhRs.10 lakh – Rs.20 lakhSuper Top Up Plan:Rs.3 lakh – Rs.20 lakhRs.10 lakh – Rs.1 crore||1, 2, or 3 years|
|Individual Personal Accident Policy||Personal/Family Plan||Up to Rs.1 crore||1, 2, or 3 years|
|Janta Personal Accident Insurance Policy||Personal/Family Plan||According to the policy statement||1 or 2 years|
|Secure Health Connect Policy||Family/Single Floater||Secure Basic: Rs.2 lakh – Rs.5 lakhSecure Elite: Rs.2 lakh – Rs.10 lakhSecure Supreme: Rs.3 lakh – Rs.10 lakhSecure Complete: Rs.2 lakh – Rs.15 lakh||1, 2, or 3 years|
Liberty Health Connect Policy
There are four different plan options available with this policy: E-Connect, Basic, Elite, and Comprehensive. Each plan has a different range of sums insured, allowing the policyholder to select the precise level of protection they need. The policy offers risk coverage for things like domiciliary care, pre- and post-hospitalization costs, daycare procedures, and hospitalization costs.
Liberty Health Connect’s Special Qualities as a Policy
- Policy buyers can select a policy tenure of 1 or 2 years with the Flexi-term option included in the policy.
- The insurer will cover 50% of the pre-policy medical examination expense.
- Every year without a claim is guaranteed loyalty benefits by the insurer.
- Renewability for life is guaranteed.
- Using the family floater option, one can add their spouse, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law to their insurance coverage.
Health Connect Supra Policy
You can buy a family floater or an individual policy for this health insurance. To customize the level of protection, choose between the Top Up Plan and Super Top Up Plan options. The insurance plan has a number of appealing features and advantages.
The Health Connect Supra Policy’s Distinctive Features
- Under the Super Top Up Plan option, members have access to global coverage.
- This policy covers AYUSH treatments (Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Sidha, and Homeopathy treatments).
- Only people over the age of 65 must undergo medical screening.
- The plan can be tailored by selecting optional coverages.
- The policy includes hospitalization as an inpatient.
Policy for individual personal accidents
This plan offers protection against potential medical costs that may result from an unplanned accident. The plan offers 4 different plan options, as well as the option to add on additional covers to increase the level of protection.
Characteristics of Individual Personal Accident Insurance
- includes coverage for accidental death, a total disability that is permanent, a partial disability that is permanent, and total disability that is temporary.
- The insured party may choose additional coverage.
- Lifetime renewability is offered with the policy.
- Under this plan, kids as young as 5 years old can enroll.
- The plan includes value-added covers as part of the policy as well.
Individual Personal Accident Plan Specifications
|policies term||1, 2, or 3 years|
|Entry Age||Adults: 18 – 70 yearsDependent children: 5 – 25 years|
|Plan Basis||Individual/Family Plan|
|Maximum Sum Insured||Up to Rs.1 crore for all plan options|
|Premium||Depending on factors such as the insured amount, the plan option selected, the insured’s age, the number of dependents covered, etc.|
|Cumulative Bonus||For each year without a claim, the sum insured will increase by 5% at renewal time.|
|Discounts||Discount for being a loyal customer: 5% or 7.5% if the member has purchased additional policies from Liberty General Insurance.Discount for families: 15% offDiscount for Long-Term Policies: 8% and 15% off for 2 and 3 years, respectively.|
Janta Personal Accident Insurance Policy
Customers who live in rural India would benefit most from this policy. Accidental death, total and permanent disability, and other conditions are covered by the policy. The policy offers a flexible term option of 1 or 2 years as well.
Features Exclusive to the Janta Personal Accident Insurance Policy
- You can use the cashless payment option at any network hospital.
- A policy may be renewed indefinitely.
- Members have access to global coverage.
- If an accidental death occurs to an insured member, the full amount insured will be paid.
The Janta Personal Accident Insurance Policy’s Plan Specifications
|Policy term||1 or 2 years|
|Age of Entry||Adults: Ages 75 and olderchildren aged 5 to 18|
|Base Plan||Personal/Family Plan|
|Maximum Sum Insured||As stated in the policy statement|
|Premium||Depending on the insured’s age, the number of enrolled dependents, and the chosen sum insured|
Policy for Secure Health Connect
This policy can be bought individually or as a family floater to extend coverage to one’s spouse and a maximum of three children. The plan includes coverage for daycare procedures, inpatient hospitalization, pre- and post-hospitalization costs, etc.
Features of the Secure Health Connect Policy That Are Special
- A policy may be renewed indefinitely.
- As per this policy, children who have been alive for more than 91 days may enroll.
- The Secure Supreme plan option does not require a co-pay.
- Sub-limits differ between various plan options.
Buying a Health Insurance Policy from Liberty General Insurance: Checklist
- Choose the type of coverage you need, then compare the insurer’s plans to make sure you’ve chosen one that meets your requirements.
- Don’t forget to consider your family, either. You can always decide to buy a plan as a family floater and add your dependents as members.
- Work at the highest insurance amount.
- To learn about any plan-specific information, terms and conditions, co-pay options, exclusions, discounts, bonuses, add-on covers, etc., read the policy document or the brochure.
Required Documents to Buy Health Insurance from Liberty General Insurance
When you purchase an insurance policy, insurance companies typically request the following paperwork from you:
- Your Aadhaar card, passport, PAN card, or another acceptable photo ID proof is an example.
- Utility bills, an Aadhaar card, a ration card, etc. are all acceptable forms of address verification.
- If a pre-policy medical examination was a requirement for purchasing your policy, medical screening records may be needed.
Motives to choose Liberty General Insurance
- Five different health insurance plans are available to customers.
- The majority of health insurance plans include plan options so you can select the ideal level of coverage.
- Choosing to enroll your family in the same health insurance plan is an option.
- Selected health insurance policies are available for prospective policy buyers to purchase or renew online.
- The insurer promises discounts and a cumulative bonus for a few types of insurance.
- Most health insurance policies are guaranteed to be renewable for life.
Ratio of Liberty General Insurance’s Incurred Claims
The ratio of incurred claims to premiums received by an insurance company in a given fiscal year is calculated as the sum of all claims paid by the company. Liberty General Insurance reported a high Incurred Claim Ratio of 106.02% for the fiscal year 2015–2016. Always check the firm’s claim ratio before buying an insurance policy because a high ratio would suggest that the company can successfully resolve claims.
|Year||Ratio of Incurred Claims|
Additional Advantages of Liberty General Insurance
|Time of Grace||For policies that are about to expire, the insurer offers a grace period of 30 days. Your accrued benefits won’t expire if you renew your policy during the grace period.|
|Free-look Interval||If there hasn’t been a claim during the 15-day free-look period, you may cancel your policy.|
|Portability||After the company has evaluated it, you may transfer your insurance policy from your current insurer to Liberty General Insurance.|
|Tax advantages||Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961 permits tax advantages for premium payments.|
Renewal of a Liberty General Insurance Policy
The official website of the insurer allows for direct policy renewal for a limited number of policies. If your policy cannot be renewed online, you can speak with your insurance advisor or simply stop by the nearest company branch to have it renewed by paying the required premium. Any changes to your policy can be made when it is renewed.
Healthcare Facilities Served by the Liberty General Insurance Network
Over 3,000 hospitals in India are part of the insurer’s network. You can find network hospitals in your city or download a list of them by going to the insurer’s official website.
How to File a Claim with Liberty General Insurance
How to use a cashless system of payment
- Within 24 hours of being admitted to the hospital for an emergency hospitalization, the insurer’s TPA must be notified.
- Prior to 48 hours prior to a planned hospitalization, the insurer’s TPA must be informed.
- The hospital’s registration desk/TPA desk is where the cashless claim request form and pre-authorization form should be turned in.
- The TPA will approve the request if the insured member qualifies for cashless treatment, and the TPA will pay your medical bills on behalf of the insurer.
Claiming a Reimbursement: How to Do It
- Within 24 hours of admission, an emergency hospitalization should be announced.
- Intimation for a planned procedure must be made no later than 48 hours before the anticipated hospitalization date.
- Within 15 days of being released from the hospital, you must submit all medical records, receipts, and the completed and signed claim form.
- The supporting documentation for pre- and post-hospitalization costs must be submitted within 7 days.
- Your documents will be reviewed by the TPA, and if accepted, the reimbursement will be processed as appropriate.
General Insurance Terms and Conditions
- The policy may be revoked for misrepresentation, failure to disclose information, or misdescription.
- The insured member should keep track of all necessary medical records and provide them upon request to the insurer.
- Benefits that were paid for false claims will be lost.
- The policy may be canceled at any time during the policy term with 15 days’ notice.
- Following proper IRDAI approval, the insurer may remove any insurance product from the market.
Q1. Are all hospitals offering cashless treatment?
No, only network hospitals are eligible for cashless treatments. On the insurer’s official website, you can find a list of the hospitals that are part of its network.
Q2. Will I be responsible for paying the entire hospital bill if I receive cashless care?
The insurer will pay for all legitimate medical costs, yes. You will be responsible for paying all non-medical costs, including those associated with the registration desk, toiletries, etc. You will also be responsible for any co-pay fees that may be necessary.
Q3. What conditions call for pre-policy medical examinations?
The age range of the policy buyer, the amount of insurance selected, and the presence of existing medical conditions at the time of purchasing the policy all factor into pre-policy medical screenings.
Q4. Are pre- and post-hospitalization costs paid for by the insurance company?
Yes, unless otherwise specified, the health insurance policy will pay for pre- and post-hospitalization expenses. Claim eligibility, however, is restricted to the established limits of the insurer.
Q5. Do health insurance plans only cover procedures done in India?
While some policies offer global coverage, others only pay for treatments received in India. To find out where your policy is geographically covered, read the policy brochure.
Q6. After the free-look period, can I cancel my health insurance plan?
Indeed, policies may be canceled at any time during their term. If you terminate the policy during the free-look period, you will receive the full amount of the premium paid, less a few fees. However, if you decide to end your policy after the free-look period, you will only be reimbursed for a portion of the initial premium that you paid.
Q7. Can I add more dependents to my policy while it is still in effect?
The majority of health insurance contracts only allow for the addition or deletion of dependents during policy renewal.
Q8. Can I receive cashless medical treatment in a different Indian state?
Yes, you can use cashless hospitalization at any network hospital in the nation. All of India’s major states have hospitals in the insurer’s network.
Q9. Is the insurer responsible for paying pre-policy medical expenses?
For some policies, the insurer may reimburse you for all or part of your out-of-pocket costs if your medical screening is successful.
Q10. How many members of my family can enroll in a policy if I buy it as a family floater?
Your spouse and dependent children are covered under the policy as dependents as well. You may occasionally be able to include your parents’ and parents-in-law’s parents as well.
Q11. What do the first and second-year exclusions mean?
In the first and second years of the policy’s duration, certain specific maladies and ailments might not be covered. However, certain illnesses will be covered after the required waiting period if you renew your policy without any breaks.
Q12. How old must a child be to be covered by health insurance?
You can typically only include dependent children in a health insurance policy. Make sure to read your policy brochure to learn the requirements set forth by your insurer.
Q13. Where can I find a network hospital?
The insurer’s website will allow you to find the closest network hospital.
Q14. What aspects should I consider when choosing a sum insured?
You must account for your budget, your family’s future needs and liabilities, rising medical costs, inflation, and other factors.
Q15. How long after my hospital discharge can I wait to submit a reimbursement claim?
Within 15 days of the hospital discharge date, all claims and required supporting documentation must be submitted.