- 1 About Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi (KASP)
- 2 Key Characteristics of KASP-PMJAY
- 3 KASP Benefit Cover – PMJAY
- 4 Benevolent Fund for Karunya (KBF)
- 5 What paperwork must be provided when applying?
- 6 FAQ
KARUNYA AROGYA SURAKSHA PADHATHI (KASP) is a health Insurance programme that intends to give over 42 lakh vulnerable and poor families representing the poorest 40 percent of Kerala’s population a health cover of Rs. 5 lakh per person per year for care delivery hospitalization
About Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi (KASP)
Ayushman Bharat is the largest health care programme in the world, PM-JAY, seeks to provide secondary and tertiary care hospitalization coverage of Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year to over 10.74 crores of poor and needy families (about 50 crore beneficiaries), who make up the poorest 40% of the Indian population.
Prior to being renamed, PM-JAY was formerly known as the National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS). Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY), which had been introduced in 2008, was absorbed into it at the time.
The State of Kerala and NHA entered into an agreement on October 31, 2018, and the State Health Agency (SHA) was established to carry out the programme as Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi (KASP).
Key Characteristics of KASP-PMJAY
It offers a cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year for tertiary care hospitalization at both public and private empanelled institutions. Health care scheme that is totally funded by the government.
- KASP – PMJAY aims to assist limit catastrophic spending on medical treatment and enables paperless access to health care services for the recipient at the place of service, which is the hospital.
- It pays for up to 3 days of pre-hospitalization costs and 15 days of post-hospitalization costs, including prescription drugs and diagnostic tests.
- All which was before disorders are covered right away; there are no limitations on family size, age, or gender.
- The scheme’s benefits are transferable throughout the nation; a recipient may visit any public or private facility in India that has been accredited to receive cashless care.
- The services encompass roughly 1,573 procedures that include all treatment-related expenses such as medications, equipment, diagnostic services, physician fees, accommodation and board, surgical fees, OT and ICU fees, etc.
- Public hospitals receive the same payment for healthcare services as private hospitals.
KASP Benefit Cover – PMJAY
- Benefits coverage under various government-funded insurance programs in India has always been capped at an annual amount ranging from INR 30,000 to INR 3,00,000 per family across several States, which has led to a disjointed system.
- To each qualifying household per annum, KASP-PMJDY offers cashless coverage of up to INR5,00,000 for the aforementioned care delivery problems.
- Pre-hospitalization, medical evaluation, treatment, and consultation; medication and medical supplies; and semi and critical care services
- Medical installation services (if needed)
- Diagnostic and analytical tests
- Accommodation Benefit
- Post-hospitalization obey care for up to 15 days; complications that develop during treatment
Benevolent Fund for Karunya (KBF)
- The State Government’s insurance programme, the Karunya Benevolent Fund, raises money through the Kerala Lottery to support poor people with life-threatening illnesses.
- The State Lotteries Department oversees the programme (Taxes). Karunya Benevolent Fund offers financial aid to underprivileged individuals with life-threatening illnesses such cancer, haemophilia, kidney, heart, and kidney problems, as well as for palliative care.
- Through lotteries, money is raised for the health plan. This social welfare programme is beneficial to those who have illnesses whose costs are too high for lower- and even middle-class families earning less than Rs. 3 lakhs per year to endure.
- Any KASP-empowered hospital may be contacted by a qualified beneficiary to receive cashless treatment.
- Significant growth in the number of healthcare professionals participating in KBF.
- The number of therapeutic options is likewise rising.
- IT integration improves patient-friendly methods in the KBF programme.
Procedures for enrolling in the Karunya Health Insurance Scheme
Qualifying for any health Insurance programme has gotten a lot easier with simple access to internet resources. Applying in this situation is simple thanks to the official website the Kerala Government established.
The steps that you must take are listed below.
Step 1: go to http://karunya.kerala.gov.in
Step 2: You can locate a section titled “How to Apply” directly on the home page. To download the application form, simply click on it.
Step 3: Be sure to provide all of your information accurately and submit it with the required paperwork.
To continuously monitor the status of your application, you may also use the “Application Tracking” option. As an alternative, you can look up your name on the home page’s “List of Beneficiaries” option.
What paperwork must be provided when applying?
In order to register with Karunya Arogya Insurance, you must provide the following list of paperwork:
Identity proof: You must provide some basic identification, such as an Aadhaar card and a voter identification card, to demonstrate your residency in Kerala.
Residential information: Please give the original copy of your residential proof.
BPL card: Since this programme is primarily for the socially and economically disadvantaged, candidates must present documentation to support their eligibility.
Income certificate: The Kerala Government will determine your eligibility for the programme based on your annual income. Therefore, while you are enrolling for the healthcare plan, be sure to have all the documents revealing your income information available.
Along with your registration form, you must also provide a copy of your Ration card, a passport-size photo, and an assessment of the total cost you spent in the hospital.
With the emergence of numerous government-backed programmes and cutting-edge infrastructure, India’s healthcare system is gradually improving. Plans like the Karunya Insurance plan make sure that people who are having trouble finding the money for such pricey procedures can receive the help they need to get through difficult circumstances.
Is there a way to get the application for the Karunya Insurance Scheme offline?
The form cannot be collected offline, sorry. You may quickly obtain the PDF format from the Kerala Government webpage at http://karunya.kerala.gov.in
When I sign up for this programme, will I get a card?
A Karunya Insurance plan card, which you must provide at the hospital to receive medical services, will be issued by the Kerala Government after your income information and other qualifying requirements have been evaluated.
Can I receive care under the Karunya Health Insurance Scheme for any pre-existing medical condition?
According to the rules of this programme, applicants who were ill before registering for the programme are still eligible to participate.