- 1 About KIA
- 2 Overview KIA Picanto Insurance
- 3 Types of vehicle insurance
- 4 KIA Picanto Insurance Inclusion
- 5 KIA Picanto Insurance Exclusion
- 6 KIA Picanto Insurance Additional Cover
- 7 Step by Step claim process for KIA Picanto Insurance
- 8 FAQ’s
- 8.1 How much time does it take to renew KIA Picanto auto insurance?
- 8.2 What is the cost of a third-party auto insurance policy for KIA Picanto vehicles?
- 8.3 Which all insurance add-ons should be bought with KIA Picanto?
- 8.4 What exactly is IDV in car insurance?
- 8.5 Can I renew my car insurance policy after it expires?
- 8.6 What documentation do I need to renew my KIA Picanto Plus auto insurance?
KIA Corporation, abbreviated KIA, is a South Korean multinational vehicle manufacturer located in Seoul, South Korea. With sales of nearly 2.8 million vehicles in 2019, it is South Korea’s second largest automaker behind (parent company) Hyundai Motor Company. Hyundai owns a 33.88 percent ownership in KIA Corporation, valued at little over $6 billion, as of December 2015. KIA, for its part, owns 4.9 percent to 45.37 percent of more than twenty Hyundai companies, for a total of more than US$8.3 billion.
Overview KIA Picanto Insurance
Since 2004, the KIA Picanto has been a city vehicle made by the South Korean automaker KIA. It is also known as the KIA Morning in Chile, the KIA Eurostar (first generation) in Taiwan, the KIA New Morning in Vietnam, and the Naza Suria or Naza Picanto in Malaysia (first generation). The Picanto is largely produced at the Donghee joint-venture facility in Seosan, South Korea, while several nations construct entire knock-down versions of the vehicle domestically.
In 2011, the Picanto received an iF product design award in the “Transportation Design” category, and in 2012, it received a Red Dot award in the “Automobiles, transportation, commercial, and water vehicles” area. In 2011, Top Gear magazine awarded the Picanto “Bargain Car of the Year.” In 2011, the Picanto was named “Best Small Car” by the Association of Scottish Motoring Writers. From 2011 to 2013, the Picanto won the Standard Bank People’s Wheels Award for “Budget Buys – Affordability First” three years in a row in South Africa. J.D. Power and Associates recognized the Picanto on the UK Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) in the City Car category in 2016.
In a nation like India, where the vehicle industry is dominated by two-wheelers, acquiring a four-wheeler is considered luxurious, and it entails significant financial risks. As a result, ensuring that your car is risk-free is vital. KIA Picanto Insurance offers extremely well-organized mishap inclusion plans to KIA Picanto clients. You can safeguard your automobile from a range of disasters by purchasing own-damage insurance. This encompasses car accidents, deformities, robbery, and natural and man-made disasters. Furthermore, under Indian law, every vehicle, including the KIA Picanto, must have at least third-party insurance. This method handles a variety of liabilities, including personal injury, property damage, and destruction. If you are caught without it, you may be fined Rs 2,000 and imprisoned for up to 90 days.
Types of vehicle insurance
Comprehensive auto insurance is described as coverage that pays to repair or replace your vehicle if it is damaged or destroyed due to an unforeseen occurrence. Though it is optional, auto lenders may mandate comprehensive coverage when leasing or financing a vehicle. It can cover damage caused by fire, hail, vandalism, theft, or animal collisions, among other unforeseeable and uncontrollable incidents. Damage from a collision with another vehicle or item is not covered by comprehensive auto policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage, commonly called as “other than collision” coverage, protects your vehicle against damage caused by unanticipated and out-of-control incidents. Among the most typical circumstances are:
- Explosions and fires
- Windshield and glass damage that was not the result of a collision
- Trees and limbs that have fallen, as well as other items
- Rocks/objects thrown up by or falling from vehicles
- Hail, wind, floods, lightning, and earthquakes and other examples of storm devastation
- Animal mishaps, such as colliding with a deer
If you are determined to be at fault in an automobile accident, third-party insurance will cover the costs of the other driver’s injuries. If you hurt or damage another person’s property, you may face legal action. Third-party automobile insurance is sometimes known as liability insurance, and it covers both:
Bodily injury liability (BIL): Covers expenses if you cause bodily harm to another individual in a car collision. Medical expenditures, legal fees, missed earnings, and funeral expenses are all covered under the bodily injury section of third-party insurance.
Property damage liability (PDL): Covers the expense of repairing or replacing another person’s property, such as their automobile, building, fences, and other structures, that you are liable for harming. This includes physical damage to someone else’s house, company, or car, as well as legal expenditures related with a property damage litigation.
Own Damage Car insurance is a sort of insurance that protects your vehicle from additional disasters. It is typically purchased as an add-on coverage to third-party liability. The Own Damage policy is inexpensive while providing coverage for harm that a third-party liability policy will not cover. It is an incredible choice for new-vehicle proprietors to purchase their own harm protection to try not to bear pointlessly significant expenses for minor or significant harm caused to their vehicle.
However, calculating vehicle insurance premiums may be costly, especially around renewal time. Before deciding on a strategy, make careful to weigh all of the risks and rewards.
KIA Picanto Insurance Inclusion
KIA Picanto Insurance protects your KIA Picanto from the following threats:
- Accidents – KIA Motor will pay for any damages or losses incurred as a result of an accident involving your car.
- Third-Party Obligations – If your KIA Picanto inadvertently causes third-party property damage or bodily harm, your insurance will cover the costs.
- Fire and Explosion – If your vehicle is damaged as a result of a fire or explosion, your insurance policy will cover the expenses.
- Natural or man-made disasters – KIA Picanto will pay for any loss or damage to your car caused by a natural or man-made catastrophe. Floods, earthquakes, and cyclones are examples of natural disasters, whereas riots, terrorism, and other man-made catastrophes are examples of man-made disasters.
- Theft – If your car is stolen one day, the firm will compensate you for your losses.
- Personal Accident – A KIA Picanto vehicle insurance coverage provides personal accident protection, which protects the vehicle’s owner-driver if he is injured while driving the vehicle.
KIA Picanto Insurance Exclusion
Certain situations are not covered by the KIA Picanto Insurance. Consider the following:
- Depreciation – It does not cover any losses incurred by the policyholder as a consequence of the depreciation of his vehicle’s worth.
- Unauthorized Driving – Driving without a valid driving license is against the law in India. As a result, if you are caught driving a car without a valid driver’s license, your insurance company will not pay you for your losses.
- Electrical & Mechanical Breakdown – This insurance does not cover any loss or damage to your vehicle caused by an electrical or mechanical breakdown.
- Drunk Driving – Drunk driving is also outlawed in India. As a result, if you are caught driving while inebriated, KIA Picanto will refuse your claim.
- Usage Outside Geographical Limits – When the car is driven on foreign soil or outside the policy’s geographical restrictions. KIA Picanto will not pay for any damages that occur.
KIA Picanto Insurance Additional Cover
KIA Picanto offers a variety of add-on coverage options for which you may pay an additional premium to enhance the scope of your policy’s coverage. The following are some of the optional coverages that are offered with KIA Picanto automobile insurance:
- Zero Depreciation Coverage – With this coverage, you will be able to file a claim without having to deduct your vehicle’s depreciation value. It allows you to acquire the entire IDV value without accounting for depreciation.
- Immediate Help Coverage – With this add-on coverage, you may access immediate roadside help if your car encounters a technical or mechanical breakdown while on the road. Flat tyre replacement, basic on-site repairs, battery jump-starting, towing, and assistance with an empty fuel tank are among the services offered.
- No Claim Bonus Protection – This is an excellent add-on service. Your NCB is protected under this policy even if you submit a claim under your KIA Picanto insurance policy. Despite the claim, it keeps your NCB percentage and moves it to the next slab.
- Return to Invoice – In the case of a total loss claim, this coverage ensures that you get an Insured Declared Value (IDV) equivalent to the invoice value of your vehicle. You will get a claim amount equivalent to the car’s current market worth, which will be less than the invoice price if you do not purchase this add-on.
- Passenger Assistance Coverage – In the event of an accident, the owner-driver is liable for all passengers in the vehicle. The owner-driver is covered by personal accident insurance. However, with this coverage, you may also safeguard any passengers in the car with you in the event of an accident.
- Key Replacement Coverage – If you lose the keys to your KIA Picanto, this plan will help you get a replacement key as quickly as possible.
- Engine & Gear Box Protector – This coverage will cover any damages or losses caused by your KIA Picanto ‘s engine and gearbox. It also includes compression testing, labor, engine cylinder re-boring, and machine costs.
- Loss of Use/Downtime Protection – This coverage reimburses the policyholder for daily transportation expenses while your KIA Picanto is being repaired.
- Cost of Consumable Goods – As a part of this inclusion, your KIA Picanto insurance will take care of the expense of any consumable materials utilized in your vehicle, like nuts and bolts.
Step by Step claim process for KIA Picanto Insurance
The cashless claim is an excellent method for having your KIA Picanto vehicle repaired at an approved or network carport of your insurance company without paying anything because the backup plan is committed to paying for the vehicle fix bill for your benefit after examining and checking the maintenance receipt and significant archives. To use this credit-only car protection option, you must notify your protection provider as soon as possible after the occurrence or disaster to begin the process.
Cashless claims let policyholders free from the weight of covering a major fix bill for their vehicle following a mishap or fiasco. In contrast with the repayment guarantee method, filing for a cashless claim requires less desk work and techniques. It is likewise a quicker cycle since the company sends an assessor to the scene or carport when a mishap happens, which speeds up the interaction on the grounds that the insurance agency covers the case in view of the assessor’s report. Besides, on the grounds that only the best workshops are permitted by insurance agency as network garages, the credit only protection choice powers you to get your vehicle fixed at the best help communities.
The following is the procedure for both cashless and reimbursement claims:
- First, tell your insurance company of the incident.
- First, notify your insurance carrier of the occurrence.
- Your insurance provider will dispatch a surveyor to examine the vehicle’s damages and losses.
- Repair the automobile in a non-network garage and then pay the repair bill when it’s finished.
- Fill out the claim form and attach it to your other papers.
- Your claim will be handled and compensated by the insurance carrier.
- Notify the insurance company as soon as possible of the accident.
- A surveyor will come to your home to evaluate all of the damages to your vehicle.
- Bring your car to the nearest network garage.
- Fill out the claim form and submit it with the necessary documentation.
- The vehicle will be fixed, and you will be notified when it is available for pickup.
- The claim fee will be paid to the network garage immediately.
How much time does it take to renew KIA Picanto auto insurance?
You may renew your KIA Picanto auto insurance in only 5 minutes.
What is the cost of a third-party auto insurance policy for KIA Picanto vehicles?
Third-party automobile insurance premiums are set by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), therefore it is accessible at the same price at all insurance providers. However, the cubic capacity of the automobile influences the rate for third-party car insurance.
Which all insurance add-ons should be bought with KIA Picanto?
In terms of KIA Picanto Insurance, Among the popular auto insurance add-ons for KIA Picanto vehicles are zero depreciation, engine cover, NCB (No Claim Bonus) protection, and RSA (Road Side Assistance) cover.
What exactly is IDV in car insurance?
The IDV of car insurance is the guaranteed amount of money if you have to file a claim against your automobile insurance during the policy period. The IDV value of the automobile is the highest sum you can obtain for it. In today’s market, it is referred to as the amount of your automobile that you will receive. The IDV in automobile insurance is beneficial to the insurer in that it allows him or her to appropriately claim the amounts of the product.
Can I renew my car insurance policy after it expires?
Yes, you can renew your insurance policy even after it has expired. In such cases, every insurance company provides its subscribers with a grace period ranging from 30 to 90 days to renew their contracts. However, the length of the grace period may differ from one insurance carrier to the next. To continue receiving it, you should validate the grace period provision in your policy document or by calling your vehicle insurance agent, then renew your car insurance.
What documentation do I need to renew my KIA Picanto Plus auto insurance?
You may easily renew your KIA Picanto Plus auto insurance coverage. You only need to have the following information on hand:
- Previous Year Policy Number
- Policy Expiry Date of the Previous Year
- Vehicle Registration Number