What is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance is meant to safeguard a traveler’s finances in the case of unforeseen incidents that disrupt their trip. It can be used to cover the costs of travel cancellation, baggage loss, medical bills, and other misfortunes. It can compensate for losses incurred during domestic or foreign travel.
Purchasing travel insurance provides full coverage in the event of an emergency while visiting another nation. There are a variety of travel insurance choices available on the market. Every policyholder must assess their needs before deciding on the sort of coverage they want.
Benefits of Having a Travel Insurance
The following are some benefits of having Travel Insurance-
- Medical Insurance
Medical expenses and hospitalization costs are covered under this coverage. It is used to cover costs incurred in the event of a medical emergency, illness, or injury while traveling.
- Benefits of Cancellation/Delay
If the journey is canceled or delayed due to unexpected circumstances. Weather conditions, strikes, or any other factor might be to blame. In such circumstances, travel insurance providers will repay the charges.
- Benefits of Luggage
The cost of lost luggage is covered by the travel insurance policy. It might be a loss, a break-in, or a theft. Bags, passports, critical papers, cash, and other personal goods may be covered by these plans.
An overview of Oriental Insurance Company
The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd. was founded on September 12, 1947, in Mumbai. It was The Oriental Government Security Life Assurance Company Ltd’s completely owned subsidiary. ORIENTAL has 29 regional offices and almost 1800 functioning offices around the country, with its headquarters in New Delhi.
The Company’s purpose was to provide “service to clients,” and it was made easier by the strong traditions that had developed through time. The company has created a variety of insurance policies to meet the demands of India’s urban and rural populations. Here, we will tell you about the Travel Insurance of Oriental Insurance Policy.
Oriental Travel Insurance Policy
Oriental Insurance Company offers a variety of travel insurance products to protect you and your loved ones while on the trip. You’ll be covered by Oriental Travel Insurance for medical and other financial problems that arise during your trip. Oriental travel insurance covers you in the most comprehensive way possible.
It also covers personal accidents, loss of passports, loss/delay of checked-in luggage, and personal responsibility. In addition to the regular coverages like medical expenditures and hospitalization, several other expenses are covered.
List of best Oriental Travel Insurance
Business and Holiday Travel Insurance Plan for individuals
This policy can be purchased as an individual or as family insurance. If you are under the age of 60, you are not required to get a medical examination. This policy can cover up to 7 people. This coverage covers your spouse, dependent children, and dependent parents. The money insured is applied to each insured member individually.
This insurance can be used to cover a variety of travels, including-
- Single Trip – The policy will protect you till you return to India on the final day for which the premium has been paid.
- Multi-Trip — Insurance that covers numerous journeys during a year. Each trip can have a maximum of 30 or 45 days of coverage.
Options for a Sum Insured
Under this plan, you have two options for the sum insured
- Plan Silver
A Base Sum Insured of $25,000 is available. The policy can be increased by $ 5,000, up to $1,000,000.
- Plan Gold
A $1,000,000 Base Sum Insured limit is set. The policy can be increased by $50,000, up to a total of $10,000,000.
Study and Employment Cover Travel Insurance Plan
Oriental Insurance Company offers this travel insurance to students and personnel studying or working abroad to safeguard them from unforeseen disasters. Coverage will be granted for a maximum of 12 months to the covered person. The policy covered the following expenses
- Medical expenditures up to the amount mentioned in the insurance schedule are covered by the policy.
- Expenses incurred as a result of an accident or illness.
- Up to 30 days of coverage for mental, neurological, and emotional illnesses.
- Medical Evacuation Expenses up to $150,000 were paid.
- Compassionate visits provide up to $10,000 in financial assistance to any family member.
- Repatriation and Alternative Expenses were covered up to $10,000 in the event of the insured’s death.
- Medical Reunion Emergency Expenses are covered up to $5,000.
This insurance plan is only available to Indian citizens. The Indian citizen who is going to study or work in another nation for a set amount of time.
Corporate Frequent Flyer Travel Insurance Plans
This insurance coverage is for corporate clients that need to travel internationally for business. The insured will be covered for a total of 180 days under this policy, with a maximum of 60 days on any one trip.
If you are under the age of 60, you are eligible for the Corporate Frequent Traveller Policy. A person over 60 but under 70 must, however, get a comprehensive medical checkup at the start of the policy, which includes a blood/urine strip test, an ECG, and a stress test.
Oriental Travel Insurance Reviews
Oriental Insurance has 30 regional offices and almost 1800 active offices around the country, with its headquarters in New Delhi. The company has offices in Nepal, Kuwait, and Dubai, with a total workforce of roughly 13500 people. The Oriental Insurance Company takes all of the stress out of traveling, and as an added benefit.
You can track your luggage 24*7 from anywhere in the world. Oriental travel insurance may be purchased online with a credit card, debit card, or check. The company is one of the oldest and most trusted insurance companies in India. You can blindly take a travel policy from Oriental Insurance Private Ltd.
Important Benefits of Oriental Travel Insurance
The following are some benefits of having an Oriental Travel Insurance
- Claim Settlement in a Hurry
Client happiness is important to the organization. As a result, it offers a claim settlement policy that is simple and quick. You may immediately repay your claim with easy documents.
- 24*7 assistance
Your inquiries will be responded to quickly by the business. You may contact them at any moment through their website. They will be there to assist you anytime you need it. The Help Desk is available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Simple Documentation
Only one policy document will be released throughout the length of the policy. You are not expected to manage a large number of papers. In addition, you can settle your claim in only a few steps. The company will not bother you with paperwork.
- Simple and fast to use
Thanks to digital transactions, purchasing or renewing your travel insurance coverage is a quick and straightforward procedure. You can buy your insurance whenever it’s convenient for you via digital methods. You can also go to a branch for one-on-one help.
Oriental Travel Insurance Care Numbers / Contact details
To know more about Oriental Travel Insurance, contact us via-
- Call – 011-43659595, 1800118485, 011-33208485
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also visit our websites as well as social media platforms.
Features of Oriental Travel Insurance
The following are some features of the Oriental Travel Insurance Policy-
- The Travel Insurance Policy covers medical expenditures when the beneficiary is outside the Republic of India, and it covers both inpatient and outpatient medical expenses.
- For Accident & Sickness Medical Expenses, the possible sum insured varies from 50,000/- to 5,00,000/-.
- Surveyors are well-trained to guarantee that each claim is handled as quickly as possible.
- Our Overseas Services Provider (currently M/s Coris International) offers a cashless settlement.
- The firm has a strategy of quick processing and little paperwork.
- Emergency support and claims administration services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, thanks to a relationship with Coris International.
- Oriental travel medical insurance offers comprehensive coverage up to 60 years of age.
- A 180-day Oriental travel insurance coverage may be purchased and then renewed for another 180-day period.
- The advantage of refunds for expenditures incurred as a result of cancelled hotel reservations is covered by Oriental insurance.
Oriental Travel Insurance Coverage
The following are the coverage under Oriental Travel Insurance Policy-
- Loss of Baggage
Theft or loss of stuff is never fun, but it’s especially harder when you’re on the trip. You may insure your baggage and personal possessions by obtaining all-inclusive oriental insurance.
- Lost of Passport
If the insured’s passport is lost, the Company will reimburse the insured for any expenses incurred as a result of the loss. The coverage reimburses you for the costs you incurred when getting emergency travel papers.
- Dental Treatment
This insurance covers the cost of medical expenses incurred while on vacation as a consequence of an injury or disease to the insured’s natural tooth or teeth.
- Medical bills
Unexpected expenditures such as accidents, surgeries, and emergency medical evacuation are covered by travel insurance.
- Personal Responsibility
Personal Responsibility Compensation for any legal liabilities that a person may face as a result of third-party personal injury or property damage.
- The loss that isn’t caused by a medical condition
Non-medical situations can arise at any moment, such as flight delays or the loss of your passport, laptop, foreign driver’s license, or checked luggage.
- Social emergency
Riots, strikes, kidnappings, natural disasters, and so on are all unpredictable. If a travel limitation is imposed as a result of this event, your travel insurance will pay all charges according to the policy’s terms.
- Benefits of Cancellation
If the journey is canceled or delayed due to unexpected circumstances. The expenditures will be reimbursed by travel insurance provide
Discounts offered by Oriental Travel Insurance
Discounts are frequently offered by the firm on significant events and festivals. Customers’ happiness and benefits are important to the business. As a result, they often present numerous deals and discounts to their customers. However, there is currently no discount program in place for Oriental travel insurance. Visit our website or follow us on social media to stay up to date on forthcoming offers. You may also get in touch with one of our representatives to learn about any current promotions or discounts.
Exclusions of Oriental Travel Insurance
The following are the exclusions of the Oriental Travel Insurance policy-
- Pre-existing diseases, illnesses, or health issues are not covered by insurance policies. The majority of insurers do not cover HIV-related illnesses.
- In addition, if you travel against medical advice, you will not be covered by insurance.
- It covers medical expenses, but not Ayurvedic, homoeopathic, or cosmetic surgery expenses.
- Self-inflicted injuries, suicides, or participation in adventure sports are not covered.
- When going to forbidden or uninsured locations, there is no coverage. Typically, these are war-prone areas.
- Claims that occur before the start of the trip or after it has concluded are not covered.
- False or fraudulent claims will not be covered.
- Nuclear threats and war-like events, as well as war-related diseases or accidents, would not be covered.
- Any sickness that is particularly vulnerable, such as sexually transmitted diseases, HIV, or AIDS, is not covered.
How to Claim for Oriental Travel Insurance?
It is super easy to get your claim for Oriental Travel Insurance. Let us tell you how you can get a claim
- Within certain timeframes, the procedure must be initiated with the appropriate service providers.
- All prescriptions, investigation results, and medical bills must be maintained on hand at all times.
- The claim file should be created with a reference to the checklist and filed upon arrival in India.
- Within the timeframes specified, properly completed claim forms with all required papers must be submitted.
- Within 7 days, the insurer will notify you if there is a problem.
- The claim will be handled within 30 days after submitting the relevant information.
- The funds will be transferred within 30 days if the claim is granted.
- If the claim is denied, the Insured should get a letter detailing the reasons for the rejection.
Some Important points to remember
- In the case of any treatment, the assistance service provider must be informed; failure to do so may result in the claim being invalidated.
- All in-patient treatments will be cashless only if the service provider is informed and pre-approval is obtained (as per policy T & C)
- OPD claims and expenses not related to in-patient care will be paid when the patient returns to India.
- Traveling overseas for medical treatment and travelling against medical advice are not covered by the policy.
1.How to pay a premium? What are the modes of payment available?
You can pay a premium either offline by visiting a branch or online payment. Both the options are available for the clients.
The following modes of payment are available-
For offline payment – you can pay via cash or debit/credit card.
For online Payment – Net Banking, Debit cards, and Credit cards are applicable.
2.What is the policy renewal process for Oriental travel insurance?
Your travel insurance coverage may be simply renewed on the web. It’ll only take a couple of minutes. The steps listed below must be followed:
To begin, go to the website and create a user account.
Go to the website’s renew page now. It will open in a new window.
Add all the necessary credentials asked by the portal.
Now you must finish the payment procedure and obtain a receipt.
3.What is the company’s process to settle the claim for Oriental travel insurance?
The procedure for filing a claim is simple and quick. In the event of a mishap, you may simply receive your claim. To file a claim, you may either apply online or go to the local branch for assistance. Within a few days, the claim might be paid.
4.What is the policy cancellation process for Oriental travel insurance?
Customers must write to their local OICL office to cancel insurance purchased through the site. They must deliver the policy documents to the branch closest to them. The refund amount will be electronically reimbursed to the corresponding credit card account. After deducting any applicable cancellation fees, the premium will be refunded.
5.What is the maximum amount of Sum Insured offered in the Oriental travel insurance plans?
However, the company offers several types of insurance plans starting from $5000. But the maximum amount of Sum insured is up to $