- 1 An overview
- 2 List of Best health Insurance Products from SBI health insurance
- 3 SBI Critical Illness Insurance Policy
- 4 SBI General Group Health Insurance Policy
- 5 SBI Hospital Daily Cash Insurance Policy
- 6 Aarogya Premier
- 7 Aarogya Sanjeevani policy
- 8 Corona Rakshak policy
- 9 Network Hospitals
- 10 SBI health insurance – Reviews
- 11 SBI Health insurance – Network hospitals
- 12 SBI Health insurance – Customer Care Numbers / Contact details
- 13 Benefits and features of SBI Health Insurance Plans
- 14 Why SBI Health Insurance?
- 15 Inclusions / Exclusions of SBI Health Insurance
- 16 SBI Group Health Insurance Plan Exclusions
- 17 Claim process of SBI Health Insurance
- 18 FAQ of SBI Health Insurance
- 18.1 Q1. How can I check the policy status of the SBI health insurance policy?
- 18.2 Q2. What is the claim process of SBI health insurance?
- 18.3 Q3. What is meant by permanent exclusions in health insurance?
- 18.4 Q4. What are the essential documents needed for SBI General Insurance Reimbursement?
- 18.5 Q5. What is the Claim Settlement Ratio of SBI General Insurance?
- 18.6 Q6. What is the premium for SBI health insurance policy?
SBI Health Insurance has a broad reach throughout India, thanks to the State Bank of India’s nearly 14,000 official branches (SBI). In its fourth year of operation, SBI General ended the fiscal year 2013-14 with a Gross Written Premium of Rs.1188 Crores, a 54 percent increase.
The company operates in 56 cities across India and has a presence in over 350 more locations via satellite resources. The company’s product range includes main features such as auto Insurance, health Insurance, travel Insurance, personal accidents Insurance, and house insurance.
List of Best health Insurance Products from SBI health insurance
SBI Retail Health Insurance Policy
SBI Retail Health Insurance coverage from SBI Health Insurance provides financial security in the event of a medical emergency and allows one to cover the whole cost of medical operations. The coverage pays for in-patient medical expenses, including pre and post-hospitalization charges, for the insured.
SBI Critical Illness Insurance Policy
Critical illnesses frequently strike without warning and can be devastating to one’s finances as well as cause a great deal of distress. As a result, the SBI Critical Illness Health Insurance plan provides the insured with the. This plan is specifically designed to combat 13 of the most frequent critical illnesses by providing benefits that alleviate the burden on both the insured and their beneficiaries.
SBI General Group Health Insurance Policy
The SBI Group Health Insurance plan provides the insured with security for himself/herself as well as beneficiaries in the case of an untimely illness or injury. SBI Group Health Insurance plan provides a safety net for medical crises, allowing the insured to live a stress-free life.
SBI Hospital Daily Cash Insurance Policy
Medical expenses are often a source of stress during an illness, and in addition to the medical costs, there are also daily monetary expenses associated with hospitalization due to illness or injury. Traditional health insurance policies may not cover all of the costs associated with illness or accident.
As a result, SBI General Health Insurance provides clients with a fixed benefit for each day of hospitalization. This SBI Hospital Daily Cash plan provides the insured with additional security and provision for additional expenses that are not often covered by health insurance policies, such as travel, meals, and so on.
SBI General Arogya Premier is a health insurance plan designed to meet the unique healthcare needs of HNIs (High Networth Individuals). This health insurance plan includes a variety of flexible options and provides access to the greatest medical services available. Read on to learn more about the benefits of this plan in depth.
Aarogya Sanjeevani policy
SBI General Arogya Premier is a health insurance plan tailored to HNIs’ specific healthcare requirements (High Networth Individuals). This health insurance plan provides a variety of flexible options as well as access to the most advanced medical treatments accessible.
Corona Rakshak policy
SBI General Insurance’s Corona Rakshak Policy is a benefit-based health insurance policy that provides a lump sum reward equivalent to 100 percent of the sum insured if you are diagnosed with COVID-19 and require hospitalization for at least 72 continuous hours.
A positive diagnosis should be made at a government-approved diagnostic facility. It is a short-term policy with terms of 3.5 months, 6.5 months, and 9.5 months. This policy has sum insured options ranging from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 2.5 Lakh (in multiples of Rs. 50,000).
A network hospital is one that has a contract with SBI General Health Insurance and allows you to receive cashless medical treatment with deferred payment. In general, general insurance or health insurance companies have a large network of hospitals throughout India. These network hospitals are sometimes referred to as cashless network hospitals.
SBI health insurance – Reviews
SBI General Insurance is a great place to start when looking for a health insurance policy. The insurer provides not only an individual’s financial security but also that of a whole family, providing much-needed peace of mind.
By purchasing an SBI General health insurance policy, you will receive comprehensive health coverage, direct and hassle-free claim settlement, lifetime policy renewal, and a slew of additional advantages. Overall, SBI General Health Insurance will not disappoint you in any manner.
SBI Health insurance – Network hospitals
A network hospital is one with which a health insurance company has a relationship in order to provide the insured with easy access to healthcare services. The insurance company selects these institutions based on a variety of variables, including the quality of services provided at the hospital, the experience of the faculty, patient reviews, background checks, and so on.
In general, insurance companies have a large network of hospitals, but the list changes on a regular basis. Currently, SBI General Insurance offers over 6,000 network hospitals across India where the insured can receive cashless care without having to worry about managing funds in an emergency. Not only can the insured use the network hospitals for an emergency, but they can also use them for planned hospitalization. However, in both circumstances, the insurance company should be notified.
To save time in the event of an emergency, you should make a list of network hospitals ahead of time so that you may rush to them without spending any time. You can use InsuranceDekho’s network hospital locator to get a list of SBI General Insurance’s network hospitals. It is a free service that assists you in locating a network hospital in your area.
SBI Health insurance – Customer Care Numbers / Contact details
Contact SBIG’s toll-free hotline 1800 22 1111 or 1800 102 1111 with any policy-related questions. You can also use the company website to find the nearest branch office and request a callback. You can live chat with an adviser for advice and information about SBIG’s health insurance policies.
You can contact the insurer via the corporate website; simply fill out the online inquiry form and submit it. SMS HEALTH to 561612 for SBI Health Insurance, and CLAIM to 561612 to register a claim.
Benefits and features of SBI Health Insurance Plans
SBI General Insurance has grown in popularity in the insurance industry since its launch in 2010. In terms of benefits, the insurer provides great health insurance coverage. The general insurer’s health insurance plans, whether for individuals or families, provide coverage against pre-hospitalization expenses, post-hospitalization expenses, in-patient treatment expenses, daycare treatment expenses, and a variety of other healthcare expenses that are worth the money invested.
- Aside from that, there is the added benefit of a free health check-up
When you choose an SBI health insurance plan, you will receive a free medical examination. It should be emphasized that the benefit is awarded after four straight years of no claims with no gaps in insurance. The insurer arranges for a free health check-up at an insurer-impaneled diagnostic center or reimburses the insured for the cost of the check-up up to a maximum of 1% of the total insured, up to a maximum of Rs. 2500.
Additional Protection in addition to Employer Coverage
Employer-sponsored group health insurance policies may appear to provide adequate health coverage, but this is not the case. In the event of a medical emergency, such plans are ineffective. It is preferable to obtain additional coverage ahead of time in order to ensure financial stability during a critical period. Purchasing a health insurance policy from SBI General Insurance will help you supplement your existing group health insurance without paying a large cost.
SBI General health insurance programs have the option of making cashless claims. This benefit enables policyholders to make a cashless claim and avoid having to pay large medical expenditures during an emergency crisis. The cashless benefit is nothing short of a blessing in terms of financial relief. It should be noted that, in addition to the cashless settlement, policyholders can receive compensation for medical expenditures incurred while receiving treatment at a non-network facility.
Why SBI Health Insurance?
SBI General Health Insurance is dedicated to providing its customers with better healthcare and a sense of security. Customers prefer SBI Health Insurance coverage for the following reasons:
- SBI General Health Insurance provides health insurance policies ranging in coverage from Rs.50,000 to Rs.5 lakh.
- Individuals under the age of 45 with no medical history are not obliged to have a pre-policy medical test.
- There are three flexible plan options available: Metro Plan, Semi-Metro Plan, and Rest of India Plan.
- With SBI General Health Insurance plans, you can renew them indefinitely.
- SBI General Health Insurance can renew any insurer’s health insurance policy.
- Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961 allows for tax deductions on premiums paid for an SBI General Health Insurance policy.
- SBI General Health Insurance policies cover pre-and post-hospitalization expenses.
- Get a free health checkup every four claim-free years, up to Rs.2,500.
- Insurance coverage can be supplemented by purchasing an add-on cover, such as the removal of room rent and consultation fees.
- Over 3,000 network hospitals across the country offer cashless therapy.
Inclusions / Exclusions of SBI Health Insurance
The insurer is required to pay for the following medical expenses:
- Fees for medical practitioners and experts
- Ambulance fees of up to Rs. 1500 or 1% of the total Insured ten percent
- Daycare surgery includes eye treatment, dialysis, tonsillectomy, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and other procedures.
- Co-Payment on claims at non-network hospitals up to 20% of the value assured or Rs. 20,000, whichever is less.
- 10% of all qualified admissible claims Hospitalization in Network Hospitals is available without the need of cash.
SBI Group Health Insurance Plan Exclusions
In any event, the insurer is not obligated to pay claims stemming from the following reasons:
- Any disease discovered during the first 30 days of the policy’s purchase date
- One year of the necessary waiting time or specific disorders such as hernia; else, treatment expenses will not be reimbursed.
- Any congenital disease detected during or before the policy period, including AIDS/HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases.
Claim process of SBI Health Insurance
The following is the procedure for starting the SBI health insurance claim process:
- SBI General Insurance Company should be notified via phone or email.
- Submit a claim form that has been signed and completed, as well as a copy of the original medical records.
- After obtaining the papers, the insurance company will settle the claims within 30 days.
- Your health insurance claim will be approved or denied based on the terms and circumstances of your coverage.
- A pre-authorization request must be granted by the insurance company or the TPA desk at the hospital for cashless hospitalization.
- In the event of planned hospitalization, the insurer must be notified in advance.
- You must notify the insurer of any emergency hospitalization within 24 hours after admission.
FAQ of SBI Health Insurance
Q1. How can I check the policy status of the SBI health insurance policy?
Ans: Log on to the website with your policy details to check the status of enrolled SBI Health Insurance online users. The information on the SBI Health Insurance website will notify you of the status of your coverage.
Q2. What is the claim process of SBI health insurance?
Ans: Get your claim number/reference number by calling their toll-free number 1800 22 1111 or texting “CLAIM” to 561612. Their customer service agent will inform you of the documentation needed to initiate and process your claim.
Q3. What is meant by permanent exclusions in health insurance?
Ans: In a health insurance policy, permanent exclusions relate to instances in which the insurer is not obligated to pay the claim amount under any circumstances. As they are excluded from coverage benefits, permanent exclusions do not have a waiting period condition. Suicidal attempts, alcohol overdoses, and other factors can all play a role.
Q4. What are the essential documents needed for SBI General Insurance Reimbursement?
Ans: To be able to collect the money spent on hospital bills and treatment, the insured must provide original copies of the following documents:
Hospital information — If the insured is being treated in an unregistered or non-network hospital, the hospital’s information should be provided. Details may include the length of therapy, the number of doctors and nurses, and the number of available beds.
Hospital bills – All original bills must be provided, fully stamped and signed by a person of authority at the hospital.
Discharge report – The individual must also present the original discharge report.
Other reports – Original treatment reports, such as lab reports, other investigation reports, and medication invoices, must be submitted.
Follow-up information — The life insured must also give information about follow-up and future lines of treatment, as well as any original expenses.
Q5. What is the Claim Settlement Ratio of SBI General Insurance?
Ans: For the fiscal year 2019-20, SBI General Insurance’s claim settlement ratio is 66.08 percent.
Q6. What is the premium for SBI health insurance policy?
Ans: The premium for each health insurance policy varies depending on the policy type, the insurer’s age, the sum insured, and other factors. For example, the premium for a Rs 10 Lakh coverage for someone between the ages of 36 and 40 is approximately Rs 9,826.