- 1 Overview
- 2 Tata indigo
- 3 Types of Tata Indigo car insurance
- 4 Add- on of Tata indigo car insurance
Tata motors is the top most automobile company. This had its origin in India. It was found by JRD. Tata. They provide luxury cars, sports cars, cars for daily use, vans, Lorries and much more. Its headquarters is located in Mumbai. They provide excellent service to customers. They have various insurance which deals with various problems of customers. In this article we will have a look of Tata indigo car insurance.
Tata indigo is one of the masterpieces of Tata motors. It cost about 4 lacs. And can accommodate up to 5 people. Petrol, diesel and CNG can be used as fuel in this car. It has an excellent mileage of 14kmph to 17kmph. The capacity of engine is 1399cc. It can be transmitted through manual mode.
Types of Tata Indigo car insurance
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive car insurance is extensively designed for owners. It provides compensation for own damages and as well as third party damage. Own damage include damages which are caused due to floods, tsunami, earthquakes, hailstorms and cyclones. They also compensate for manmade disasters due to terror attacks, strikes and riots. They also provide compensation for hospital charges like treatment cost, medicines cost, family treatment charge and accommodation charge. The personal accident cover is provided up to 20 lakh. The third party compensation is also dealt with Jaguar car insurance. They provide compensation for both property and personal damages. Even compensation for death is provided by Tata indigo car insurance.
Third party insurance
Third party is the person who is completely unknown to you affected by you in accident. It might total or partial loss to the third party it can even be loss of property to the third party. It is compulsory for the owner to compensate the loss of third party. But in some stages of life we might not be able to compensate them due to our financial conditions we might not be able to compensate. In this situation we can get help from Tata Indigo car insurance. Tata Indigo car insurance offers effective third party insurance which is beneficial for the owners and the third party.
How to buy Tata Indigo car insurance
You can purchase Tata indigo car insurance through both online and offline mode. But purchasing through online mode is more simple that offline. You can visit this website http://www.tataaig.com/. Or you can visit the nearby branch and fill the application form.
Claims process of Tata indigo
For claims process you will require, signed and duly filled claims form, insurance policy document, insurance certificate, car registration certificate, pollution under control certificate, original driving licence of the owner, estimation of repairs and FIR. The claims application is available online. After filling claims application form, RC book, repair estimate bill, FIR and driving licence should be submitted. The surveyor inspects the damage occurred. Invoice receipt is necessary for cashless claims. In case of vehicle theft you should provide original keys, licence, RC book and policy number. For third party claims, you should provide details of the injured third party. You can raise your claim through mail or through phone call.
- Initially you need provide the complaint to the nearby branch office
- The survey inspector will check your vehicle
- You can send your vehicle to the nearby garage
- Fill the claims form from online
- Your bill amount will be paid by the insurer
Documents required for claims process
For claims process you need to submit certain documents to the branch office they are
- Claim form of Tata indigo car insurance- this claim form has to be filled with your personal details like name, date of birth, age and contact detail. Your vehicle details like car number, fuel type and date of purchase should also be mentioned for reference. After filling these details you need sign the form
- Policy document- a policy document is written document which contains all the details of your policy and its nature. This policy document has to be submitted so that it is easier to solve the claim and the end results are satisfactory for the customer. In the policy document we should note down the policy number.
- Registration certificate- the registration certificate is the official document which is ensured by the government which certifies your vehicle to be legally registered with the regional transport office. This certificate is provided after the owner passes few screenings and verification. Without submitting the registration certificate you will not be able to receive any insurance policy in India. It is necessary for claims process and renewal process. A copy of registration certificate is mandatory for verification purpose. It has to be submitted for solving claims.
- Driving license- is a legal document which authorises and individual to own a vehicle. In India without driving licence it is not possible to receive an insurance policy. For claims process it is mandatory to submit a copy of driving licence.
- Copy of FIR – first information report is written document registered by the police department. This occurs in case of accident and theft. During accidents has FIR has to be issued in the nearby police station. A copy of FIR has to be submitted for claims process in case of accident and theft.
- Repair bills- if you repair your vehicle in any of the garage of ford motors. The bill has to be submitted to solve your claim.
- Bill payment receipts- any other bill of your car other than repair bill has to be submitted.
The renewal process is a very simple process. It is cost effective and less time consuming, the process of renewal requires less amount of time and can be renewed within a short span of time. Initially you must go to the Tata car insurance website and on the right side of the tab you can find the renew option. Click on that option and fill in details like policy number, policy form and your name and submit a copy of your valid driving licence and registration certificate. There is large number of policies that you can choose; you can choose any policy according to your convenience and pay the amount online. The renewal process can also be done offline by visiting the nearby branch office. Renewal process has to be done for your insurance policy. It can be done even after expiry of insurance policy. But you need to submit a copy of your registration certificate before 60 days prior to the date of expiry. The policy would not expire till 15 years. After 15 years you need to renew the policy or else your insurance policy will not be valid. When you renew your insurance policy you can also receive some new features of the policy, which will be beneficial for you.
Add- on of Tata indigo car insurance
Emergency assistance cover
While travelling anything might happen to us. This cover protects us from any critical conditions during emergencies. They provide towing assistance, tyre change and fuel assistance. It is definitely beneficial for new owners of the vehicle and helps us even when we are struck in the middle of the road.
Return of invoice
While receiving the compensated amount you can get the amount equivalent to the invoice value of car.
Engine and gearbox protection
Car engine and the gearbox are the most expensive ones to purchase. They get damaged due to overheat and water logging. Repurchasing them is a big deal. We need to spend more money. Once the engine does not function properly, it is a total damage to the car. Tata car insurance offers an add-on cover that is very efficient and cost effective. It prevents from damages like water dislocation, lubricant leakage and gearbox damage. It completely replaces very important engine parts like pistons, cylinder heads and crankshaft. And also repairs the gearbox. It compensates every cost which is caused due to repair of engine even during critical engines. It protects our engine from natural calamities like flood or any other unforeseen situations. It is a must have add-on cover for owners.
No claim bonus
During your policy period if you do not raise a claim, you will get a bonus. You will get 20% discount from your policy. And will be provided with a lump sum amount. This no claim bonus is beneficial during emergency situations during which you would require financial assistance. The percentage of discount keeps changing every year. To claim non claim bonus, you need to download your no claim certificate and submit the copy to the nearest branch of Tata. You can receive the offer within a short span of time.
What are the documents required for renewal of Tata insurance?
For renewal you will require ID proof, address proof, registration certificate, pollution under control certificate, recent photograph and valid driving licence.
What are the insurance add-ons of Tata car insurance?
Tata car insurance has additional features which can be received by paying extra amount which engine protection, garage protection, no claim bonus and road side assistance.
Where and how can I purchase my insurance policy online?
Purchasing your insurance policy through online mode is much better than offline mode. Because it requires minimum documentation and it is less time consuming compared to offline mode. Your policy can be purchased through offline mode also by visiting the nearest branch office.