National Insurance Company’s travel insurance policies are intended to provide broad coverage when you are traveling abroad for objectives such as business, vacation, or school. National Insurance’s travel insurance policies cover a variety of unanticipated and unpredictable scenarios such as passport or luggage loss, airline delay, flight cancellation, and so on. To avoid such situations while traveling abroad, the best option is to get national travel insurance coverage.
The Indian government owns the National Insurance Company Limited (NICL), a general insurance firm. It is run by the Ministry of Finance of the Government of India. Its slogan, printed in italics, is “Trusted Since 1906.” The business was formed in 1906 by Gordhan Das Dutia and Jeevan Das Dutia in Kolkata, and it was nationalized in 1972 together with the National Insurance Company and Asian Insurance Company. National Insurance Corporation Limited was established as a distinct corporation in 2002 as a result of the General Insurance Business (Nationalization) Amendment Act. In April 2004, NIC agreed to market its general insurance products through Nainital Bank’s offices in Uttarakhand, Haryana, and New Delhi.
So, if you want hassle-free travel insurance with a rapid and clear claim payment procedure, National travel coverage can provide you with the finest. Buy national travel insurance online to safeguard your trip with comprehensive coverage based on your coverage preferences and needs.
List of best National Travel Insurance
Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday
The Overseas Mediclaim Business and Holiday coverage is a complete policy designed for people traveling outside of India for vacation or to meet business commitments. It covers a wide variety of medical, non-medical, and travel-related risks, including medical sickness, emergency dental treatment, passport loss, personal liability, check-in luggage loss or delay, and so on.
This abroad insurance policy allows the traveler to choose their coverage based on their trip destination, choosing from global including the United States and Canada, worldwide excluding the United States and Canada, and Asia excluding Japan. It also gives the traveler the option of choosing from a variety of sum insured options ranging from USD 50,000 to USD 500,000. In addition, travelers visiting Canada can use the Travel Insurance Canada guide to organize their trip.
Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies
The Overseas Mediclaim Employment and Studies insurance is a comprehensive policy designed to address the needs of those traveling overseas to study or work. The insured tourist is protected against a variety of unanticipated hazards, including medical sickness, medical emergency reunion, repatriation of mortal remains, luggage loss or delay, and medical evacuation. If the insured student’s education is supported, the policy provides contingency insurance coverage.
This international travel insurance policy allows the traveler to select the scope of their coverage based on their trip destination, such as globally excluding the United States and Canada or worldwide including the United States and Canada. The traveler can also select a sum insured value of USD 1,50,000 or USD 5,00,000 for his coverage.
National Travel Insurance Reviews
Every excursion is a thrilling adventure. However, if you encounter a catastrophe while on your journey, your exhilaration might quickly deflate. It will not only cause your vacation to be disrupted, but it will also result in significant financial damages. You may prevent a situation like this by purchasing travel insurance online India plans from a reputable travel insurer like National Travel Insurance.
The surety of claim settlement and the associated peace of mind are unrivaled. NICL’s travel insurance should be your first choice if you value and rely on excellent claim settlement and customer service.
- National Insurance was the first firm in India to deploy a mobile office, and it is a pioneer in India for Bancassurance and Auto tie-ups, as well as a major insurer for Social Schemes.
- The firm has also received several national and international honors, including the Economic Times Iconic Brands 2018 (General Insurance Category), the SKOCH order of merit 2017 for General Insurance Company of the Year, and The Asset Asian awards 2017 for cash management solutions.
Important Benefits of National Travel Insurance
Traveling is a wonderful experience. However, it comes with a number of dangers that may have an impact on our mental, bodily, and financial well-being. Regardless matter how well you plan your trip, anything out of the ordinary might happen. As a result, it’s critical to protect yourself with the greatest travel insurance package. And National travel insurance packages do an excellent job of it.
Here are some of the reasons why you should choose National travel insurance.
- National Insurance Company Limited travel plans are primarily intended to safeguard you against any unforeseen circumstances that may arise when travelling to an international or foreign destination.
- You may pick between a basic travel insurance plan and a travel insurance policy with additional coverage from National Insurance.
- In the event of an emergency in a foreign nation, the travel policy will cover all medical expenditures (according to covered regions and Sum Insured).
- National travel insurance policies prepare you properly for any financial setbacks and protect you and your loved ones or travelling companions worry-free when traveling abroad.
- With National Insurance Company Limited’s comprehensive travel insurance coverage, you may effortlessly brush off the burden of any financial loss due to a medical emergency when travelling overseas.
- You may receive immediate quotations, renew, acquire, or get National travel insurance online in India through the company’s website just before you go.
- The firm offers help 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Premium discounts are also available.
National Travel Insurance Care Numbers / Contact details
- Head Office: 3, Middleton Street, Prafulla Chandra Sen Sarani, Kolkata, West Bengal, 700071.
- Fax: 22831740
- Report any scams to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any questions about the Customer Portal, email email@example.com
- If you have any questions about the Intermediary Portal, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact at email@example.com if you have any more questions
Features of National Travel Insurance
National travel insurance includes a number of features. They are as follows:
Insured Amount: National travel insurance offers a variety of sum insured alternatives. You can choose an amount insured of up to $500,000.
Plans for Travel: Custom travel insurance options are available through the National Travel Insurance plan. You may purchase bespoke plans for “Worldwide excluding USA/Canada,” “Worldwide including USA/Canada,” and “Asia excluding Japan.”
Service Claim: Insured travelers can make cashless claims through the National Travel Insurance Company.
Request Assist: During the claim procedure, the company gives support. The support is given through International Service Providers.
Pre-Existing Illness: The company covers pre-existing disorders that are diagnosed within 48 months of the policy’s issuance.
National Travel Insurance Coverage
National Insurance travel insurance products cover the following risks for the insured traveler:
Illnesses Medical: National Travel Insurance’s abroad insurance policy will cover the treatment costs of any ailment or condition identified during the foreign travel.
Evacuation for medical purposes: The insurer will bear the expense of the insured’s evacuation to a hospital or medical healthcare provider.
Death Remains Repatriation: In the event of the insured traveler’s untimely death abroad, National Insurance would reimburse the expenditures required in conveying his lifeless remains back to India.
Dental Care in an Emergence: The insurance will reimburse any costs associated with emergency dental care. This coverage is only accessible in the Worldwide category, excluding the United States/Canada plan under the Overseas Mediclaim Holiday and Business policy.
Personal Injury and Permanent Disability: National Travel Insurance covers the costs of treating any injury or illness caused by an accident. It also compensates the insured in the event of permanent impairment caused by the accident.
Checked-in Baggage Missing: It compensates the insured if his checked-in luggage is misplaced or lost by the scheduled airline with whom he was traveling.
Baggage Delay: In the event that the insured’s check-in luggage is delayed by the scheduled airline for more than 12 hours, the insurer will refund the expenditures paid on the purchase of essential things like medications, toiletries, clothing, and so on.
Individual Liability: National Travel Insurance will cover any legal liability incurred by the insured traveler as a result of inflicting property damage or bodily harm to a third party while on an international vacation.
Passport Misplacement: If the insured loses his passport while on an overseas vacation, the insurance company will cover the costs of getting a new or duplicate passport.
Reunion After a Medical Emergency: If the covered student is hospitalized for many days due to a medical ailment or an accident, the insurer will pay for the travel expenses of one of his immediate family members who come to visit him.
Insurance for Unexpected Events: If the covered student’s sponsorship is terminated immediately, National Travel Insurance will reimburse the student for each month of the completed study.
Exclusions of National Travel Insurance
The following circumstances and incidents are not covered by National Travel Insurance:
Pre-Existing Illnesses: It does not cover the costs of treating any pre-existing ailments or disorders discovered prior to the trip’s departure.
Ignoring Doctor’s Advice: The insurance will not cover the insured if he travels overseas against the recommendation of his doctor.
Medical Attention: National Travel Insurance will not cover the cost of any medical care, including routine check-ups if the insured travels abroad for medical treatment.
Participation in Military Operations: The insurance will not pay any claims originating from the insured’s involvement in Army, Air Force, or Naval activities.
Injuries Caused by Oneself: The medical costs will not be reimbursed by the insurance carrier if the insured traveler damages himself or causes any self-inflicted injuries, including suicide or attempted suicide.
Using Intoxicants: Any claims arising out of the insured usage or abuse of intoxicants such as alcohol or drugs will be excluded under National Travel Insurance plans
Mental Illness: The insurer will not pay for any expenditures paid by the covered traveler/student for the treatment of any mental disease.
HIV/AIDS: The insured will not cover the expense of treatment for any condition caused by HIV or AIDS.
Sports of Adventure: Any claims resulting from the insured traveler’s engagement in adventure activities such as skiing, scuba diving, or mountaineering would be denied.
How to purchase a National Travel Insurance Plan
Travel insurance products from National General Insurance Company are offered both online and offline. Follow the procedures mentioned below to get a National Travel Insurance policy:
Online Mode: There are several ways to sign up for National travel insurance. You can do so by visiting the official website of the National Insurance Company. Follow the techniques indicated below for a better understanding:
- Visit the website of a national insurance company or an insurance aggregator on the internet.
- Look for the travel insurance policy option on the official website.
- Enter the necessary information, such as the number of people to be insured, the destination country, and so on.
- Before registering, go over the plan information such as inclusions, exclusions, claiming procedures, and so on.
- Select the travel insurance plan of your choosing by clicking on it.
- You will be asked to supply the necessary documentation to acquire the plan.
- Please submit a soft copy of the relevant documents.
- You will now be able to make online payments.
- Pay the premium for the insurance plan of your choosing by clicking on the payment option.
- The insurance policy will be issued by the insurance company.
- You will get a confirmation email and a message on your registered cellphone number.
Offline Mode: There are several options for purchasing a National Travel Insurance offline. These are their names:
- You must visit the National Insurance company’s office to purchase the travel insurance plan of your choosing online.
- You can also contact the National insurance company and request that an agent be dispatched.
- Inquire about the strategies they have supplied.
- Then correctly complete the form.
- To begin the enrollment process, you must attach the required documents.
- You will be required to produce documentation proving your identity and residence.
- Submit the completed form.
- The insurance will be issued once the papers have been confirmed.
- You will receive a confirmation email as well as a message on your registered mobile phone.
How to Claim National Travel Insurance
The sole reason individuals acquire insurance plans in India is to maximize their advantages when filing a claim. The claim process for National travel insurance is straightforward.
- To begin, you must complete a claim form with all relevant and accurate information.
- Following that, submit or transmit the paperwork to the insurance.
- If the firm is happy with your National travel insurance claim, you will get your claim accepted in the quickest possible time.
National Travel Insurance Policy renewal
You can simply renew your travel insurance coverage with National insurance online. You will need to go to the NICL portal to renew your travel plans. Following that, select your insurance type and the renew option for National Travel Insurance online renewal. After that, enter your prior policy information, and you may also select to add some more benefits to your National travel insurance coverage. You must pay the premium online to complete the National Travel Insurance Renewal, and you will receive a confirmation receipt at your registered email address. You may also download and store the renewal details for future use.
Q1. Does National travel insurance provide an insurance plan for students going abroad for studies?
Ans – Students traveling overseas for higher study can benefit from NICL’s travel insurance coverage, which provides medical and financial help. A student may encounter unanticipated medical concerns or financial challenges while studying in a foreign country. This might damage his/her schooling as well. During the period of the studies, any such emergency would be covered by a student travel insurance plan.
Q2. What is the maximum amount of sum insured provided by the National travel insurance?
Ans – National travel insurance provides the client with a maximum sum covered of $5,000,000.
Q3. For claiming process, does the insurer require an FIR copy?
Ans – Yes, only in cases of theft or accident do you need to present a copy of the FIR in order to file a claim.
Q4. If I defy my doctor’s advice to not to travel and still get sick during the business trip. Will the insurance company provide cover?
Ans – No, the National Travel Insurance Company will not cover you if you are harmed while participating in an adventure sport.
Q5. Will the insurance company provide cover for an immediate family member coming to visit if the policyholder is hospitalized?
Ans – Will the insurance company provide cover for an immediate family member coming to visit if the policyholder is hospitalized?