Traveling opens up our spirits, and the experience of voyaging is not normal for whatever else on the planet. Since voyaging forces an assortment of difficulties on us, it is vital to protect your excursion with the best travel protection inclusion. United India travel insurance plans gives far reaching inclusion to both neighborhood and unfamiliar journeys. United India Insurance gives an assortment of items and administrations. Joined India travel protection items are fundamentally expected to safeguard you against various travel-related cataclysms, for example, trip delay, gear deferral or misfortune, airplane delay, crisis clinical assistance, travel remittance, etc.
United India Insurance Company is a significant nationalized general insurance firm in India. It is controlled by the Government of India’s Ministry of Finance. Chennai, India, is the company’s headquarters. It was founded on February 18, 1938, and became a federal government agency in 1972.
It was once an auxiliary of India’s General Insurance Corporation (GIC). In any case, when GIC was assigned as a re-insurance firm under the IRDA Act of 1999, its four head protection auxiliaries, New India Assurance, United India Insurance, Oriental Insurance, and National Insurance, were allowed autonomous status on March 21, 2003.
Approximately the course of its 83-year history, the firm has offered insurance coverage to over 1.74 crore customers, serving individuals in both urban and rural regions. It covers the insured traveler against a variety of unanticipated losses or expenditures, such as medical treatment expenses, check-in luggage delay or loss, passport loss, trip delay, hijack cover, personal injury, personal responsibility, missed connection, and many more.
List of best United India Travel Insurance
United India Insurance Company Ltd. offers comprehensive travel insurance products that cover the insured when travelling outside of India. They offer insured passengers blanket insurance that protects them against a variety of risks, including medical treatment fees, personal responsibility, and flight-related concerns, among others.
The following are the various travel plans given by United India Insurance Company Ltd. based on geographic area and purpose of travel abroad:
- Overseas Mediclaim Policy for Business and Holiday
This plan provides comprehensive coverage for anyone going abroad for vacation or business. It includes both people and families traveling on a single overseas vacation together. The plan protects the insured traveler against unanticipated risks such as physical injury, medical expenses, luggage loss, trip cancellation, passport loss, daily hospitalization allowance, and so on. This United India travel insurance package allows you to pick between many types.
These versions give a sum insured value ranging from USD 50,000 to USD 500,000, but can be limited to USD 10,000 if applicants over the age of 70 do not produce pre-acceptance health check-up results. Furthermore, it allows the insured traveler the choice to opt-in or out of the illness coverage.
- Overseas Mediclaim Policy for Corporate Frequent Traveler
United India Insurance Company Ltd. designed this plan for customers who go overseas regularly for business. It protects such business travelers against any unforeseeable losses or expenditures, such as medical coverage, personal injury, passport loss, personal responsibility, and delay or loss of check-in luggage. This international travel insurance plan also allows the insured corporate traveler to choose whether or not to add illness coverage.
- Overseas Mediclaim Policy for Employment and Studies
This travel insurance plan was designed to safeguard persons who are studying or working outside of India. It establishes a safety net around persons who are studying or working abroad, keeping them secure from an unanticipated calamity. This plan protects the insured student or tourist against unexpected medical bills, personal injuries, dental care, and the cost of repatriating mortal remains back to their native country. In order to be hospitalized or get medical care under this plan, the covered traveler must first contact the school/college campus or employer’s doctor.
Why opt for United India Travel Insurance
- The most trusted insurance firm in India, with a worldwide presence and repute.
- All stakeholders admire and trust the brand.
- The best-in-class supplier of customer service, combining technology and many channels.
- Provider of a diverse variety of unique goods designed to fulfil the demands of all consumer sectors.
- An excellent workplace with extremely motivated and empowered people.
- Recognized for its societal contribution.
United India Travel Insurance Care Numbers / Contact details
- Registered Office
United India Insurance Co. Ltd.
24, Whites Road,
Chennai – 600014
- Head Office
United India Insurance Co. Ltd.
#19, Nungambakkam High Road, IV Lane,
Chennai – 600034
- Customer Support
Features of United India Travel Insurance
United India Insurance Company Ltd. is a travel insurance company that offers comprehensive coverage and a speedy claim payment process. Consider the following reasons why you should consider purchasing the finest travel insurance policy offered by the insurer:
- Sum Insured Options: Insurers can purchase policies with SI ranging from USD 50,000 to USD 500,000.
- Online Discount: A 10% discount is available when purchasing the United India travel insurance coverage online.
- Cashless Hospitalization: In the event of an emergency, a cashless facility is accessible at any of the insurance provider’s network hospitals.
- Automatic Policy Extension: In the event of a delay due to causes beyond the insurer’s control, the travel insurance policy will be automatically extended for up to 7 days.
- Everyone has a plan: There are single-trip and multi-trip travel insurance options available.
- Renewal Benefit: There are opportunities to renew various United India travel insurance policies, such as those for Corporate Frequent Travelers and those with Employment and Studies travel plans.
United India Travel Insurance Coverage
Under their United India Travel Insurance coverage, an insured traveler will be covered for the following benefits:
- Medical Expenditures & Repatriation: The insurer will reimburse any expenses incurred by the insured during his foreign journey owing to sudden sickness or accidental injury. It will cover the cost of emergency ambulance services as well as dental care for urgent pain management. It also includes the expense of returning the insured’s mortal remains to his or her native country.
- Personal Accident: The insurance will compensate the insured or his family if the insured is killed or disabled in an accident.
- Loss of Check-in Baggage: If the insured’s check-in baggage is lost by the airline with which he was flying, the insurer will compensate for his damages. It does not, however, cover any partial damage or loss of luggage.
- Check-in Luggage Delay: If the insured’s check-in baggage is delayed by the airline for more than 12 hours, the insurer will pay the expenditures incurred in purchasing necessary personal goods.
- Passport Loss: If the insured loses his passport while travelling internationally, the insurer will cover the real expenditures involved in arranging duplicate travel papers and obtaining a duplicate or replacement passport.
- Personal Liability: If the insured becomes legally obligated to pay for damages or physical injuries caused to a third-party person or property in a foreign country, the United India Travel Insurance plan would reimburse the sum on the insured traveler’s behalf.
- Trip Delay: If the insured’s flight is delayed for more than 6 hours from its scheduled departure time, the insurer will pay him for his losses. It will also pay for any additional expenses, such as lodging unless the insured is able to travel.
- Trip Cancellation: If the insured’s trip is canceled, the insurer will compensate the insured for any losses incurred due to unused lodging and transit arrangements.
- Hijack Cover (Common Carrier): If a common carrier on which the insured is traveling is hijacked, your United India travel insurance policy will pay the insured a distress payment.
- Missed Connection: In the case of a flight delay of more than 12 hours, which causes the insured to miss his connecting flight, the insurer will compensate the insured’s losses.
- Hospital Daily Allowance: The insurer will provide a daily allowance to cover the insured’s day-to-day expenditures when hospitalized as a result of an illness or accident.
- Emergency Reunion Expenses: In the event that the insured needs to be medically evacuated, the insurer will cover the cost of an airline ticket, travel, and lodging for one immediate family member. This protection is provided under the Employment and Studies Plan only.
- Contingency Insurance: You will be compensated if the covered student is unable to continue his studies abroad owing to a sickness or injury that results in his death, permanent complete disability, or blindness.
Exclusions of United India Travel Insurance
Before purchasing travel insurance coverage, it is critical to understand what the policy does not cover. The insurance does not cover any of the following claims:
- Treatment for a pre-existing condition for the insured
- If the insured was personally involved in a civil disturbance or rioting.
- Any illness or injury sustained by the insured traveler as a result of suicide or attempted suicide.
- Alcohol or drug abuse, addiction, or dependency, mental problems, stress, anxiety, or sadness (Not excluded in Employment and Studies plan).
- Any accident, disease, or loss sustained by the insured as a result of his or her involvement in Naval, Military, or Air Force activities.
- War, hostile activities by an enemy country, invasion, and hostilities.
- Civil war, revolution, revolt, and insurgency.
- Property nationalization or seizure by a local authority or government, resulting in harm or loss to the insured.
- Nuclear or ionizing radiation, as well as harmful radioactive qualities of a nuclear explosion component.
- Any loss caused by HIV or AIDS, or both, as a result of disease, treatment, or death.
- Any disease or injury sustained by the insured as a result of physical labor, a dangerous employment, or participation in an unlawful or criminal conduct.
- The insurance will not reimburse any expenditures incurred as a result of pregnancy-related therapy.
- Any legal action or litigation brought by one of the insured’s family members.
- Any loss or damage incurred as a result of detention or confiscation by customs agents or other agencies.
- If the insured was under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, or other hallucinogenic chemicals or intoxicants, the insurer will not pay any loss or damage.
How to Sign Up for United India Travel Insurance?
Look at the steps below to get a United India to travel insurance policy:
Online: Customers can purchase it via the insurance company’s website. Follow the procedures below to purchase the policy online:
- Visit the company’s official website.
- Navigate to the ‘Travel Insurance’ icon.
- Enter trip information such as trip destination, travel dates, and so on.
- Other requested information, such as the age of the travelers, should be provided.
- Make careful comparison between the various options and choose the best suited policy.
- Online payment of the travel insurance policy premium.
- Within two minutes, the United India travel insurance coverage will be provided.
Offline: One may also apply for United India travel insurance offline by following the steps below:
- To purchase the travel insurance plan of your choice online, you must go to the company’s office. You may also call the National insurance company and ask for an agent to be sent to you.
- Inquire about the process they’ve recommended.
- Then, correctly fill out the form.
- You must attach the appropriate papers to begin the enrolling procedure.
- You will be needed to provide identification and proof of residency.
- Send in the completed form.
- Once the paperwork has been validated, the insurance will be granted.
- You will receive an email confirmation as well as a text message on your registered mobile phone.
How to Claim for United India Travel Insurance
An insured traveler’s responsibilities do not stop with the purchase of a travel insurance policy. In order to lodge a claim, you need also be informed of your travel insurance provider’s claim procedure. Consider the following steps for filing a travel insurance claim under United India travel insurance plans:
Registration for Cashless Claims
Cashless claims are accepted at several United India Insurance Company Ltd network hospitals.
- Inform your insurer of your hospitalization, as well as the hospital personnel, of your travel insurance coverage.
- A letter of pre-authorization should be provided to the insurer’s service provider.
- The provider will check your insurance coverage and provide the pre-authorization letter to the hospital.
- The necessary settlements will be paid directly by the insurance company.
FAQs for United India Travel Insurance
Q1. How can I pay the premium for my United India travel insurance plan?
You may pay your premium with a debit card, a credit card, online banking, or UPI.
Q2. Is it mandatory to register for the Customer Portal? How can I register?
Yes, if you wish to acquire a United India travel insurance coverage online, you must first register before submitting your proposal and making payment. The steps are as follows:
Step 1: Go to United India Insurance Company Ltd.’s official website and select the ‘Login’ option.
Step 2: After the options for the registered customer portal login displays, select ‘Customer.’
Step 3: Once you’ve opened the Login page, click the ‘Register’ button at the bottom of the page.
Step 4: Fill out all of the required information and click the ‘Submit’ button.
Step 5: An OTP number will be sent to the cellphone number you registered with. This completes the registration procedure.
Q3. What papers are necessary for the claim process?
To minimize the likelihood of a delay while completing a claim for reimbursement, keep the following papers on hand:
a. Your travel insurance application’s duly completed claim form
b. Authentic insurance certificate
c. Original invoices as well as payment receipts
d. Photocopies of the boarding pass (in case of Overseas Travel Insurance)
e. Certificate of Hospital Admission and Discharge (in case of medical expenses)
f. Certificate of Death (in case of death of the insured)
g. Disability Certificate (in case of total permanent disability of the insured)
h. If there is a police report, a photocopy of it is required.
i. Original doctor’s medical certificate
Note: Depending on the kind of claim, the insured traveler should confirm the list of supporting papers with the service provider of United India travel insurance plan.
Q4. How can I get a reimbursement claim under United India travel insurance plans?
You can request compensation by completing the procedures below:
a. Within 24 hours, notify the insurer’s service provider of the loss or claim.
b. Fill out the attached claim form.
c. Submit the claim form and any accompanying documentation to the service provider.
d. The documentation, as well as the policy coverage, will be reviewed by the provider.
e. The claim amount will be paid directly to the insured passenger after 15 days of approval. The amount of the claim will be reimbursed in Indian rupees.
Q5. What are the eligibility criteria? Can I buy United India travel insurance plans for my family?
The eligibility varies depending on the plan you choose. Typically, qualifying is quite straightforward, and any Indian citizen between the ages of 6 months and 80 years is eligible. Some plans, however, include an age restriction beyond which you cannot enroll. Yes, you may purchase a plan that includes coverage for your entire family.