- 1 About Mercedes Benz
- 2 Overview Mercedes-Benz car insurance
- 3 Types of Mercedes-Benz car insurance
- 4 Mercedes-Benz car insurance Inclusion
- 5 Mercedes-Benz car insurance Exclusion
- 6 Mercedes-Benz car insurance Additional Cover
- 7 How to renew Mercedes-Benz car insurance
- 8 Renewing car insurance online benefits
- 9 FAQ’s
- 9.1 What is the cost of a third-party auto insurance policy for Mercedes-Benz vehicles?
- 9.2 How and what will the engine’s CC affect my car insurance premium?
- 9.3 When and how can I file a claim if my Mercedes-Benz vehicle is stolen?
- 9.4 Which all insurance add-ons should be bought with Mercedes-Benz cars?
- 9.5 Is there a time restriction for filing a claim if my Mercedes-Benz vehicle is involved in an accident?
- 9.6 Can I renew my Mercedes-Benz auto insurance policy after it expires?
About Mercedes Benz
Mercedes-Benz, regularly alluded to as Mercedes, is a German premium auto manufacturer. Both Mercedes-Benz and Mercedes-Benz AG (a Mercedes-Benz Group auxiliary laid out in 2019) are settled in Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. Mercedes-Benz produces customer luxurious cars and business vehicles. Its first Mercedes-Benz-badged vehicles were delivered in 1926. In 2018, Mercedes-Benz was the biggest vender of premium vehicles on the planet, having sold 2.31 million passenger cars.
The company’s roots can be traced back to Daimler Motoren Gesellschaft’s 1901 Mercedes and Karl Benz’s 1886 Benz Patent-Motorwagen, commonly recognized as the first self-propelled car to use an internal combustion engine. The trademark for the brand is “the best or nothing”.
Mercedes-Benz manufactures a diverse variety of consumer-passenger, light commercial, and heavy commercial vehicles. These cars are made in a variety of places throughout the world.
Mercedes-Benz India Pvt Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the German Daimler AG, which was created in 1994 and has its headquarters in Pune, Maharashtra, India. The company’s facility in Chakan, Maharashtra, is stretched across 100 acres and was established in 2015. It is regarded as one of Mercedes-most Benz’s advanced green-field operations and one of the company’s top CKD plants worldwide. Mercedes-Benz sells more than 12 models in India, with retail sales of 15,538 units in 2018.
Overview Mercedes-Benz car insurance
In a nation where vehicle proprietorship was overwhelmed by two and three-wheelers, around 55% of the respondents of a survey conducted by Rakuten Insight across India said that they claimed a vehicle, rather than roughly 45% of respondents who don’t possess one as of June 2019. Vehicle proprietorship remained at 30 vehicles for each thousand Indians toward the finish of 2018, a little figure for a populace of over 1.3 billion.
Assuming you have a vehicle, you should get a car insurance coverage. In case of a calamity, the insurance offers a layer of safety for both the car and its proprietor. On account of a mishap, your insurance provider will pay you for any misfortunes caused because of harm to your vehicle. Thus, they defend both the vehicle and the policyholder by giving inner harmony and monetary security during seasons of emergency.
Purchasing a vehicle is a huge monetary responsibility. Moreover, it is a critical component of our day-to-day routine. Therefore, guaranteeing sure your car is free from any danger is basic. Mercedes-Benz offers uniquely arranged accident coverage strategies to purchasers who own a Mercedes-Benz vehicle. You can protect your car against a scope of occasions by buying an own-harm cover. This covers auto crashes, defacement, burglary, and normal and man-made calamities. Moreover, as per Indian regulation, each car, including your Mercedes-Benz, should host third-get-together protection. This strategy covers outsider liabilities like individual injury, demise, and property harm. Assuming you are found without it, you may be fined Rs 2,000 as well as detained for as long as 90 days.
Types of Mercedes-Benz car insurance
Comprehensive auto insurance is described as coverage that pays to repair or replace your vehicle if it is damaged or destroyed due to an unforeseen occurrence. Though it is optional, auto lenders may mandate comprehensive coverage when leasing or financing a vehicle. It can cover damage caused by fire, hail, vandalism, theft, or animal collisions, among other unforeseeable and uncontrollable incidents. Damage from a collision with another vehicle or item is not covered by comprehensive auto policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage, commonly called as “other than collision” coverage, protects your vehicle against damage caused by unanticipated and out-of-control incidents. Among the most typical circumstances are:
- Explosions and fires
- Windshield and glass damage that was not the result of a collision
- Trees and limbs that have fallen, as well as other items
- Rocks/objects thrown up by or falling from vehicles
- Hail, wind, floods, lightning, and earthquakes and other examples of storm devastation
- Animal mishaps, such as colliding with a deer
If you are determined to be at fault in an automobile accident, third-party insurance will cover the costs of the other driver’s injuries. If you hurt or damage another person’s property, you may face legal action. Third-party automobile insurance is sometimes known as liability insurance, and it covers both:
Bodily injury liability (BIL): Covers expenses if you cause bodily harm to another individual in a car collision. Medical expenditures, legal fees, missed earnings, and funeral expenses are all covered under the bodily injury section of third-party insurance.
Property damage liability (PDL): Covers the expense of repairing or replacing another person’s property, such as their automobile, building, fences, and other structures, that you are liable for harming. This includes physical damage to someone else’s house, company, or car, as well as legal expenditures related with a property damage litigation.
Own Damage Car insurance is a sort of insurance that protects your vehicle from additional disasters. It is typically purchased as an add-on coverage to third-party liability. The Own Damage policy is inexpensive while providing coverage for harm that a third-party liability policy will not cover. It is an incredible choice for new-vehicle proprietors to purchase their own harm protection to try not to bear pointlessly significant expenses for minor or significant harm caused to their vehicle.
However, calculating vehicle insurance premiums may be costly, especially around renewal time. Before deciding on a strategy, make careful to weigh all of the risks and rewards.
Mercedes-Benz car insurance Inclusion
Mercedes-Benz car insurance protects your vehicle from the following threats:
- Accidents – Mercedes-Benz will pay for any damages or losses incurred as a result of an accident involving your car.
- Third-Party Obligations – If your Mercedes-Benz car inadvertently causes third-party property damage or bodily harm, your insurance will cover the costs.
- Fire and Explosion – If your vehicle is damaged as a result of a fire or explosion, your Mahindra insurance policy will cover the expenses.
- Natural or man-made disasters – Mercedes-Benz will pay for any loss or damage to your car caused by a natural or man-made catastrophe. Floods, earthquakes, and cyclones are examples of natural disasters, whereas riots, terrorism, and other man-made catastrophes are examples of man-made disasters.
- Theft – If your car is stolen one day, the firm will compensate you for your losses.
- Personal Accident – A Mercedes-Benz vehicle insurance coverage provides personal accident protection, which protects the vehicle’s owner-driver if he is injured while driving the vehicle.
Mercedes-Benz car insurance Exclusion
Certain situations are not covered by Mercedes-Benz auto insurance. Consider the following:
- Depreciation – It does not cover any losses incurred by the policyholder as a consequence of the depreciation of his vehicle’s worth.
- Unauthorized Driving – Driving without a valid driving license is against the law in India. As a result, if you are caught driving a car without a valid driver’s license, your insurance company will not pay you for your losses.
- Electrical & Mechanical Breakdown – This insurance does not cover any loss or damage to your vehicle caused by an electrical or mechanical breakdown.
- Drunk Driving – Drunk driving is also outlawed in India. As a result, if you are caught driving while inebriated, Mercedes-Benz will refuse your claim.
- Usage Outside Geographical Limits – When the car is driven on foreign soil or outside the policy’s geographical restrictions. Mercedes-Benz will not pay for any damages that occur.
Mercedes-Benz car insurance Additional Cover
Mercedes-Benz offers a variety of add-on coverage options for which you may pay an additional premium to enhance the scope of your policy’s coverage. The following are some of the optional coverages that are offered with Mercedes-Benz automobile insurance:
- Zero Depreciation Coverage – With this coverage, you will be able to file a claim without having to deduct your vehicle’s depreciation value. It allows you to acquire the entire IDV value without accounting for depreciation.
- Immediate Help Coverage – With this add-on coverage, you may access immediate roadside help if your car encounters a technical or mechanical breakdown while on the road. Flat tyre replacement, basic on-site repairs, battery jump-starting, towing, and assistance with an empty fuel tank are among the services offered.
- No Claim Bonus Protection – This is an excellent add-on service. Your NCB is protected under this policy even if you submit a claim under your Mercedes-Benz insurance policy. Despite the claim, it keeps your NCB percentage and moves it to the next slab.
- Return to Invoice – In the case of a total loss claim, this coverage ensures that you get an Insured Declared Value (IDV) equivalent to the invoice value of your vehicle. You will get a claim amount equivalent to the car’s current market worth, which will be less than the invoice price if you do not purchase this add-on.
- Passenger Assistance Coverage – In the event of an accident, the owner-driver is liable for all passengers in the vehicle. The owner-driver is covered by personal accident insurance. However, with this coverage, you may also safeguard any passengers in the car with you in the event of an accident.
- Key Replacement Coverage – If you lose the keys to your Mercedes-Benz vehicle, this plan will help you get a replacement key as quickly as possible.
- Engine & Gear Box Protector – This coverage will cover any damages or losses caused by your Mercedes-Benz car’s engine and gearbox. It also includes compression testing, labor, engine cylinder re-boring, and machine costs.
- Loss of Use/Downtime Protection – This coverage reimburses the policyholder for daily transportation expenses while your Mercedes-Benz vehicle is being repaired.
- Cost of Consumable Goods – As part of this coverage, your Mercedes-Benz car insurance covers the cost of any consumable materials used in your vehicle, such as nuts and bolts.
How to renew Mercedes-Benz car insurance
To keep your Mercedes-Benz automobile covered with a car insurance policy, you must renew it every year before the expiry date. If your auto insurance plan’s expiry date is missed, it may expire; however, you may keep it by renewing it during the grace period, which varies by insurance company but normally runs from 30 days to 90 days. It is quite simple to renew your vehicle insurance policy online, and the processes are as follows:
- Step 1: Go to Mercedes-Benz Car Insurance’s official website and select the insurance renewal option.
- Step 2: Enter your Mercedes-Benz’s VIN number and choose your vehicle’s variation and gasoline type. If you do not know your car’s registration number, you can proceed by selecting the make, model, fuel type, variation, registration year, city, and RTO of your vehicle.
- Step 3: Enter the expiration date of your old auto insurance policy as well as the name of your previous auto insurance company. You will also be required to declare whether or not you made any auto insurance claims during the previous policy year before clicking on the ‘Continue’ link.
- Step 4: Fill out your personal information accurately, including your name, phone number, and the policy term for which you wish to acquire an insurance plan, and then click the ‘Submit and Get Quotes’ button.
- Step 5: Various premium quotations for a car insurance policy from various insurance firms will display on your screen. Compare and select a vehicle insurance plan quote that best fits your budget and demands. At this stage of the renewal procedure, you can also select certain add-on covers of your choosing.
- Step 6: Before commencing the payment process for the renewal of your Mercedes-Benz automobile insurance plan, double-check all of the information you submitted. You can renew your auto insurance policy with a debit card, a credit card, digital wallets, or net banking. Following that, the policy copy for your auto insurance coverage will be emailed to you at the address you provided.
Renewing car insurance online benefits
The following are the key advantages of renewing your auto insurance policy online:
1. Time-saving and convenient procedure
You may renew your auto insurance coverage online from the comfort of your own home, saving you a significant amount of time. Renewal of a vehicle insurance policy offline, on the other hand, necessitates visiting an insurance company’s branch or contacting an agent, which may be a tiresome and time-consuming operation. Furthermore, the online renewal process is frequently paperless or involves little paperwork.
2. Protected Procedure
The procedure of renewing a vehicle insurance coverage is safe. The availability of all information online allows a policyholder to make an educated selection. Furthermore, paying the premium using secure payment methods protects the policyholder from all forms of fraudulent risks.
3. Simple Customization
Another advantage of renewing a vehicle insurance policy online is the simplicity of customization. By adjusting auto insurance add-ons, you may quickly modify the coverage of your policy online. Remember that the policy rate will be heavily influenced by the sorts of coverages included in your online auto insurance policy.
4. It is simple to change insurance companies.
During the renewal process, you may easily modify the features and even the insurance carrier. If you discover that a certain insurance provider offers superior features for a lower cost, you may easily switch to them. So, when it comes to online auto insurance renewal, you should strive to conduct adequate research in order to choose the finest car insurance provider.
5. Process Transparency
Another significant advantage of renewing an insurance online is transparency. The policyholder has access to all policy-related information with a single click. This ensures that the procedure is clear.
6. Simple NCB Transfer
When renewing your auto insurance coverage, you must always transfer your No Claim Bonus (NCB). In the event of an offline policy setting, this might take some time, but implementing it online can be simpler and faster.
Step by Step claim process for Mercedes-Benz car insurance
The cashless car insurance policy is an excellent way to have your Mercedes-Benz car repaired at an authorized or network garage of your insurance company without having to pay anything because the insurer is obligated to pay for the car repair bill on your behalf after analyzing and checking the repair invoice and relevant documents. To use this cashless vehicle insurance option, you must tell your insurance provider as soon as possible of the occurrence or accident in order to begin the procedure.
Cashless automobile insurance relieves policyholders of the burden of having to pay a big repair bill for their vehicle following an accident or disaster. In comparison to the reimbursement claim technique, the cashless car insurance procedure necessitates less paperwork and procedures. Cashless vehicle insurance is also a faster process since the insurer sends a surveyor to the scene or garage as soon as a catastrophe occurs, which speeds up the process because the insurance company covers the claim based on the surveyor’s report. Furthermore, because only the best workshops are allowed by insurance companies as network garages, the cashless insurance option forces you to get your vehicle repaired at the best service centers.
The following is the procedure for both cashless and reimbursement claims:
Claims for Reimbursement:
- First, notify the insurance company of the occurrence.
- Your insurance will dispatch a surveyor to assess the vehicle’s damages and losses.
- Repair the vehicle in a non-network garage.
- Pay the repair fee when it has been fixed.
- Fill out the claim form and include it with your other papers.
- The claim will be processed by the insurance, and you will be reimbursed.
- Notify the insurance company as soon as possible of the accident.
- A surveyor will come to your home to evaluate all of the damages to your vehicle.
- Bring your car to the nearest network garage.
- Fill out the claim form and submit it with the necessary documentation.
- The vehicle will be fixed, and you will be notified when it is available for pickup.
- The claim fee will be paid to the network garage immediately.
What is the cost of a third-party auto insurance policy for Mercedes-Benz vehicles?
Third-party automobile insurance premiums are set by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), therefore it is accessible at the same price at all insurance providers. However, the cubic capacity of the automobile influences the rate for third-party car insurance.
How and what will the engine’s CC affect my car insurance premium?
The total capacity of the engine’s cylinders measured in cubic centimeters (cc) or liters. This has an immediate effect on third-party premium. Driving a car with a high engine CC will provide greater power and allow you to drive quicker while also providing excellent mileage. When compared to driving a car with a low engine CC, the risk here is larger (with less horsepower and limitation on speed). The greater the cubic capacity, the greater the risk. In addition, if the risk is greater, the insurance premium will be higher.
When and how can I file a claim if my Mercedes-Benz vehicle is stolen?
If your Mercedes-Benz is covered by an own-damage car insurance policy or a comprehensive car insurance policy, you can make a claim by following the steps outlined in the article. However, if you solely use a third-party insurance, you will be unable to file such a claim.
Which all insurance add-ons should be bought with Mercedes-Benz cars?
In terms of Mercedes-Benz Insurance, Among the popular auto insurance add-ons for Mercedes-Benz vehicles are zero depreciation, engine cover, NCB (No Claim Bonus) protection, and RSA (Road Side Assistance) cover.
Is there a time restriction for filing a claim if my Mercedes-Benz vehicle is involved in an accident?
Yes, you may file a car insurance claim for damage to your Mercedes-Benz vehicle within 7 days of the incident or accident. However, this time restriction may differ from one insurance provider to the next, so verify your auto insurance policy paperwork.
Can I renew my Mercedes-Benz auto insurance policy after it expires?
Yes, you may renew your Mercedes-Benz vehicle insurance policy even after it has expired. In such cases, every insurance company provides its subscribers with a grace period ranging from 30 to 90 days to renew their contracts. However, the length of the grace period may differ from one insurance carrier to the next. To continue receiving it, you should validate the grace period provision in your policy document or by calling your vehicle insurance agent, then renew your car insurance.