Morris Garages, popularly known as MG was established in 1924 in the United Kingdom. In India, it was established in 2017 and started selling its vehicles in 2019. MG Motors entered the Indian market with their 7-seater SUV MG Hector, with the tagline, “India’s First Internet SUV”. However, if you are planning to buy any car from Morris Garage then make sure to purchase MG car insurance to protect it against any unforeseen events.
About Morris Garages Car Insurance
SAIC Motor’s Indian affiliate, MG Motor India, manufactures automobiles in China. This subsidiary was founded in 2017 and began selling and producing in the following year. MG Motor India now has a network of over 65 dealerships in 50 locations across the country. Morris Garages (MG) Motor India has acquired one manufacturing unit in India, in Halol, Gujarat. The manufacturing factory, which can produce 80,000 units per year, was formerly owned by General Motors India Private Limited, which stopped selling cars in India at the end of 2017. After purchasing the 178-acre property from General Motors, MG Motor India has committed more than Rs. 2,000 crores in its renovation.
The MG Hector, MG ZS EV, MG Hector Plus, and MG Gloster are among the automobiles sold by MG Motor India in India. SAIC Motor’s Indian affiliate, MG Motor India, manufactures automobiles in China. This subsidiary was founded in 2017 and began selling and producing in the following year. MG Motor India now has a network of over 65 dealerships in 50 locations across the country. MG Motor India has acquired one manufacturing unit in India, in Halol, Gujarat. The manufacturing factory, which can produce 80,000 units per year, was formerly owned by General Motors India Private Limited, which stopped selling cars in India at the end of 2017. After purchasing the 178-acre property from General Motors, MG Motor India has committed more than Rs. 2,000 crores in its renovation. The MG Hector, MG ZS EV, MG Hector Plus, and MG Gloster are among the automobiles sold by MG Motor India in India.
Reasons To Buy MG Car Insurance
Take a look at some of the reasons why you should buy MG car insurance.
- Offers coverage for third-party liability and own damages as well.
- The long list of network garages that will offer cashless claims.
- If you do not raise a claim for a year, you become eligible to get no claim bonus.
- You can buy add-ons to extend your coverage.
- Own loss provides coverage for any natural calamity, explosion, fire accident as well as a man-made calamity.
- You have to buy a personal accident cover for up to Rs 15 lakh.
- If you are in some kind of trouble and are not able to go through the process, you can get assistance during the claim process.
Covers Offered By Mg Car Insurance Cover
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Third-party Car Insurance
Comprehensive Car Insurance
Comprehensive insurance is a type of automobile insurance that covers the risk of your own damages. As previously stated, comprehensive automobile insurance combines third-party liability and own-damage coverage.
It covers third-party liabilities as well as loss or damage to the automobile caused by accidents, vandalism, fire, falling objects, or floods. It also covers unintentional third-party property damage or bodily injury, as well as any damages to the insured automobile caused by unanticipated events such as fire, theft, accidents, and man-made or natural disasters.
Personal accident insurance is also provided to the car’s owner-driver. By purchasing add-on covers, the policy’s coverage can be further enhanced.
It compensates victims of natural disasters such as cyclones, earthquakes, floods, and other natural disasters. It also protects the insured vehicle from man-made calamities such as theft, accident, intrusion, burglary, and fire.
Additional covers, such as engine protector, accessories cover, medical costs cover, zero depreciation cover, and so on, can be added to the policy. This insurance is quite popular since it provides comprehensive coverage and relieves the policyholder of concern.
When the policyholder is at fault, third-party vehicle insurance protects the policyholder against any legal liability deriving from injuries to a third-party. It protects a third-party person or property from damages and injuries caused by the covered vehicle. Every motor vehicle owner in India is required under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, to get at least third-party insurance coverage.
Inclusions Of Mg Car Insurance
It’s crucial to be aware of the inclusion of MG car insurance when purchasing so that you know what you’ll be covered for:
- Any self-inflicted damage to your MG automobile, as well as any accident-related or external damage
- Any losses incurred because of a fire, explosion, or self-ignition
- Natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods, and other natural disasters inflict damage.
- Damage caused by wicked activities of any type
- Man-made calamities such as riots, terrorism, vandalism, and so on.
- On the river, on the road, on the train, or on the land, damage occurs while in transportation.
- Your MG automobile has caused bodily damage or third-party responsibility.
- Personal injury insurance of up to Rs 15 lakh is available.
- Any legal responsibility owed to paid drivers or workers
- LPG/CNG fuel kit coverage
- Personal accident insurance for automobile occupants
Exclusions Of Mg Car Insurance
Just as it is vital to understand the MG car insurance inclusions, it is also necessary to understand the MG car insurance exclusions so that you are aware of the things for which you will not be covered.
- Normal wear and tear on the vehicle because of ownership.
- Any harm to the vehicle caused by drunk driving.
- Any harm to the vehicle caused by driving without a valid driver’s licence.
- The cost of fixing the MG car’s electrical or mechanical failure will not be reimbursed.
- Any loss or damage to the vehicle caused by war or war-like situations.
- Any harm to the MG that is done on purpose.
- Any loss or damage to the automobile that occurs while it is being utilised commercially.
- If the automobile is damaged outside of the geographical region stated in the insurance policy documentation, the coverage will be voided.
- Any damage to the MG automobile that occurs while it is competing in an organised race.
- Any damage to the MG automobile as a result of its usage in any illicit activity.
Mg Car Insurance Add-on Cover’s
Add-on policies can be purchased to supplement your MG Car Insurance. They are optional coverings that will extend your vehicle’s coverage. Optional add-ons allow you to customise your auto insurance coverage to meet your specific needs. Here are some optional coverages for your MG vehicle insurance that you might want to consider-
- Zero Depreciation Cover: A zero depreciation add-on cover, also known as Nil Depreciation or Bumper-to-Bumper coverage, is a popular vehicle insurance add-on cover that car owners frequently choose in addition to their comprehensive car insurance policy. It transfers the risk of depreciation of your automobile and its parts from you to the insurance provider in exchange for a small fee. Even a single claim might sometimes help you collect the whole premium amount for the zero-depreciation protection.
- Consumable Cover: Consumables are goods with a specialised and limited application. You might not be able to re-use such a thing once you’ve used it. Nuts and bolts, for example, cannot be reused once they have been used in your automobile. They’d need to be changed every now and again. Similarly, your car’s engine oil burns out after a while. The majority of the time, your comprehensive auto insurance does not reimburse or pay you for any of the vehicle’s consumables. When making a claim, you will be asked to pay for the replacement of these consumables out of pocket. You may avoid this by purchasing a Consumables Cover, which will cover such costs. Your total premium will increase because this is an additional cover. However, the actual premium that must be paid varies from one automobile model to the next.
- Roadside Assistance Cover: Roadside Assistance is an optional feature that may be added to a comprehensive or independent own-damage automobile insurance policy. This add-on assists policyholders in the event that they have a problem with their vehicle and require roadside assistance. The Roadside Assistance insurance is well worth the money because of the coverage and services it provides. Whether it’s a little mishap or a flat tyre, a roadside assistance policy will protect you in any situation.
- NCB Protection Cover: Even if you file a claim, NCB Protect is a sensible approach to ensure that your hard-earned bonuses are preserved. This cover is normally offered as an add-on to your basic insurance policy. This is one of the most popular rider choices since selecting for NCB cover provides inexpensive premiums for more than a year, depending on the quantity of NCBs acquired. As a result, beginning in the second year, you are eligible for lower rates. The policyholder saves money on insurance premiums this way. NCB coverage costs roughly 5% to 10% of your standard insurance, and while the NCB coverage may be a bit pricey, the accumulated NCB will provide you with the extra benefit of saving a significant amount of money.
- Key-Replacement Cover: Car keys have changed throughout time. They’re more than just a piece of metal with grooves for unlocking or starting the automobile engine. Car keys that are sophisticated and technologically advanced, particularly electronic keys, have become the new standard. Frequency Operated Buttons are what they’re called (FOBs). It is rather costly to replace them if they are lost or misplaced. Insurance companies are adapting to keep up with the developments, and add-on coverage are now available to cover such car keys. Key Replacement Cover is a type of automobile insurance coverage that protects your car keys.
Claim Process Of Mg Car Insurance
You must have the following documents on hand when making a car insurance claim:
- Details of your car insurance policy – This is clearly one of the most important criteria.
- Information on the insured vehicle – This is self-evident!
- Name of insured person – No, the insurance is not valid unless the insured person’s information and information about the vehicle insured are provided.
- Contact information that is registered.
- Information about the vehicle for which four-wheeler insurance was acquired. This essentially contains the car’s make and model.
- Specific details regarding the accident – The date and location of the event must be specified. You might also give a brief account of how the mishap took place.
- Identifying the magnitude of the loss.
Claim Reimbursement Process
- You may submit a claim request using their mobile app or by calling their toll-free helpline.
- An examiner will analyse the damage once you submit your request.
- Then you must submit a claim form that has been fully signed and completed.
- You must also supply all required documentation in order for the claim to be processed.
- Following that, claim updates will be sent to your email address or phone number.
- Then you have the option of paying online or by check.
- The insurer will issue you a claim calculation document to keep for your records after the procedure is done.
Mg Cash Less Claim Facility
Cashless vehicle insurance is a service that allows you to have your MG automobile fixed at one of your insurance company’s network garages. To choose this cashless option, you must notify your insurance as soon as possible following an accident to begin the procedure. It allows you to have your MG automobile fixed at a network car workshop without having to pay for the repairs since the insurance company will pay the repair bill on your behalf after reviewing the repair invoice and other required paperwork.
Cashless automobile insurance protects you from having to pay for repairs right away following an accident or disaster. In compared to the reimbursement claim procedure, the cashless vehicle insurance process requires fewer paperwork to be filed and is structured with less formality. It is a faster process since the insurance company sends a surveyor right after the incident, which speeds up the process because the repair job begins only when the insurer approves the surveyor’s report. The greatest repair services are provided by insurance company network garages since only authorised workshops that meet the firm’s quality criteria are authorised, so you get the best services for free.
Cashless Claim Procedure
- MG Car Insurance website provides a list of network garages. For assistance, you may look them up online or phone their toll-free number.
- To begin, take your damaged vehicle to a nearby workshop for repair. Your car can also be towed.
- The automobile will next be inspected by an assessor.
- Together with the claim form, provide the documents.
- Your cell phone number and email address will be used to send you updates.
- You can pay off the deductibles and depreciation value to the workshop and return it home once the repair work is done. The debt will be settled according to the sum covered by the insurer.
- You will also receive a calculation sheet for your auto insurance claim for your records.
Mg Insurance Renewal Process
When you renew your MG auto insurance online, it’s a simple, quick, and painless process. The MG car insurance renewal procedure is required in order for them to continue to enjoy the advantages of a vehicle insurance policy without interruption. As a result, you should renew your automobile insurance coverage before it expires in order to keep it safe and secure. The processes for renewing a MG automobile insurance policy online at the insurer’s webpage are as follows:
Step 1: Navigate to the ‘Car’ tab on the website.
Step 2: Click the ‘Proceed’ tab after entering your MG car’s registration number. To proceed, select your MG car’s variant and fuel type. If you don’t know your MG car’s registration number, go to the ‘Don’t know your car number?’ tab and enter the make, model, fuel type, variation, registration year and city, and RTO of your MG automobile.
Step 3: Enter the expiration date of your old auto insurance policy as well as the name of your previous auto insurance company. Aside from that, you should state if you have made any auto insurance claims in the previous policy year and then click ‘Continue.’
Step 4: Fill in your personal information, such as your name, phone number, and the length of time you want your car to be covered by a car insurance policy, and then click the ‘Submit and Get Quotes’ link.
Step 5: Before you buy a vehicle insurance policy, you will acquire price quotations from numerous insurance companies. After comparing auto insurance quotes depending on your needs and budget, choose the best one. You may also incorporate additional optional add-ons at this point.
Step 6: Before paying for your MG auto insurance policy renewal, click the ‘Buy Now’ option and double-check all of the information you’ve supplied. You may make payments using a variety of methods, including debit card, credit card, online wallets, and net banking. The vehicle insurance policy document will be provided and emailed to you immediately to the inbox of your registered Email ID when you make the payment for the car insurance renewal procedure.
Benefits Of Renewing Car Insurance Online
Renewal of automobile insurance may be done online to save time, money, and patience. Most of us do not have the time or willingness to go to a physical location to renew our vehicle insurance policy in today’s fast-paced environment. Instead, we’ll go for the vehicle insurer’s web platform because of its ease and accessibility. The following are the most evident benefits of renewing your auto insurance online. –
Save time – Renewing your automobile insurance online takes less time and does not test your patience.
Effortless procedure – Compared to visiting an insurer’s physical location, renewing your auto insurance online is easier and faster. Furthermore, there are no paperwork to provide or verifications to do right away.
Renewing auto insurance online is always an option, and it is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Renew your coverage whenever and wherever you choose from the convenience of your own home or workplace.
Do not wait – Often, an insurance policy will expire and you will have to wait a long time to renew it. This is no longer a problem with online vehicle insurance renewal because you will receive an e-copy of your revised policy immediately. Take a printout, relax, and enjoy your peace of mind.
There is minimal to no paperwork required for online renewals. Typically, the relevant papers are only need to be presented during the course of a claim.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much long does it take to renew a MG Car insurance?
Ans – In 5-10 minutes your MG Car Insurance will be renewed online.
Which all insurance add-ons should be bought with MG Car?
Ans – In the case of Mg Insurance, Zero depreciation add-on, engine cover, NCB (No Claim Bonus) protection, and RSA (Road Side Assistance) cover are some of the most popular auto insurance add-ons for Mg cars.
How can I purchase MG Car insurance?
Ans – You can Morris garages car insurance offline at the centre or on various online portals.
Where can I purchase insurance for my MG Car?
Ans – You can purchase it online or offline.
How long will it take to insure my MG Car?
Ans – With online method you can insure your car in just 5 to 10 mins.