Honda Civic is a line of vehicles that Honda has been producing since 1972. The Civic has been classified as a compact car since 2000, after previously being classified as a subcompact. In Honda’s worldwide automobile line-up, the Civic is positioned between the Fit/City and the Accord as of 2021.
The first generation Civic debuted in July 1972 as a two-door coupe, followed in September by a three-door hatchback. Despite its diminutive overall dimensions, the automobile had decent inside room thanks to its 1169 cc transverse engine and front-wheel drive, similar to the British Mini. Initially noted for its fuel efficiency, dependability, and environmental friendliness, later incarnations have gained a reputation for performance and sportiness.
Honda Civic Car Insurance
There are 3 Types of Car Insurance’s
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Own Damage Car Insurance
Comprehensive Car Insurance
Comprehensive insurance is a type of automobile insurance that covers the risk of your own damages. As previously stated, comprehensive automobile insurance combines third-party liability and own-damage coverage.
It covers third-party liabilities as well as loss or damage to the automobile caused by accidents, vandalism, fire, falling objects, or floods. It also covers unintentional third-party property damage or bodily injury, as well as any damages to the insured automobile caused by unanticipated events such as fire, theft, accidents, and man-made or natural disasters.
Personal accident insurance is also provided to the car’s owner-driver. By purchasing add-on covers, the policy’s coverage can be further enhanced.
It compensates victims of natural disasters such as cyclones, earthquakes, floods, and other natural disasters. It also protects the insured vehicle from man-made calamities such as theft, accident, intrusion, burglary, and fire.
Additional covers, such as engine protector, accessories cover, medical costs cover, zero depreciation cover, and so on, can be added to the policy. This insurance is quite popular since it provides comprehensive coverage and relieves the policyholder of concern.
When the policyholder is at fault, third-party vehicle insurance protects the policyholder against any legal liability deriving from injuries to a third-party. It protects a third-party person or property from damages and injuries caused by the covered vehicle. Every motor vehicle owner in India is required under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, to get at least third-party insurance coverage.
Owner Damage Insurance
Own Damage Car insurance, often known as auto insurance, is a type of insurance that covers your vehicle. Own Damage Insurance is a type of automobile insurance designed to protect your vehicle from unintentional damage. This policy provides coverage for your car’s own damages caused by road accidents, fire, natural disasters, or any other calamity. Its purpose is to provide you with additional coverage in addition to third-party liability.
Honda Civic Car Insurance Add-on Cover’s
Add-on policies can be purchased to supplement your Honda Car Insurance. They are optional coverings that will extend your vehicle’s coverage. Optional add-ons allow you to customise your auto insurance coverage to meet your specific needs. Here are some optional coverages for your Honda vehicle insurance that you might want to consider-
- Zero Depreciation Cover: A zero depreciation add-on cover, also known as Nil Depreciation or Bumper-to-Bumper coverage, is a popular vehicle insurance add-on cover that car owners frequently choose in addition to their comprehensive car insurance policy. It transfers the risk of depreciation of your automobile and its parts from you to the insurance provider in exchange for a small fee. Even a single claim might sometimes help you collect the whole premium amount for the zero-depreciation protection.
- Consumable Cover: Consumables are goods with a specialised and limited application. You might not be able to re-use such a thing once you’ve used it. Nuts and bolts, for example, cannot be reused once they have been used in your automobile. They’d need to be changed every now and again. Similarly, your car’s engine oil burns out after a while. The majority of the time, your comprehensive auto insurance does not reimburse or pay you for any of the vehicle’s consumables. You are expected to pay for the replacement of these consumables out of pocket when filing a claim. You may avoid this by purchasing a Consumables Cover, which will cover such costs. Your total premium will increase because this is an additional cover. However, the actual premium that must be paid varies from one automobile model to the next.
- Roadside Assistance Cover: Roadside Assistance is an optional feature that may be added to a comprehensive or independent own-damage automobile insurance policy. This add-on assists policyholders in the event that they have a problem with their vehicle and require roadside assistance. The Roadside Assistance insurance is well worth the money because of the coverage and services it provides. Whether it’s a little mishap or a flat tyre, a roadside assistance policy will protect you in any situation.
- NCB Protection Cover: Even if you file a claim, NCB Protect is a sensible approach to ensure that your hard-earned bonuses are preserved. This cover is normally offered as an add-on to your basic insurance policy. This is one of the most popular rider choices since selecting for NCB cover provides inexpensive premiums for more than a year, depending on the quantity of NCBs acquired. As a result, beginning in the second year, you are eligible for lower rates. The policyholder saves money on insurance premiums this way. NCB coverage costs roughly 5% to 10% of your standard insurance, and while the NCB coverage may be a bit pricey, the accumulated NCB will provide you with the extra benefit of saving a significant amount of money.
- Key-Replacement Cover: Car keys have changed throughout time. They’re more than just a piece of metal with grooves for unlocking or starting the automobile engine. Car keys that are sophisticated and technologically advanced, particularly electronic keys, have become the new standard. Frequency Operated Buttons are what they’re called (FOBs). It is rather costly to replace them if they are lost or misplaced. Insurance companies are adapting to keep up with the developments, and add-on coverage are now available to cover such car keys. Key Replacement Cover is a type of automobile insurance coverage that protects your car keys.
Key Specifications of Honda Civic
The Honda Civic is a 5-seater sedan from Honda. It is one of the greatest automobiles available. The Honda Civic is available with both a diesel and a gasoline engine. The 1 diesel engine has a displacement of 1597 cc, while the petrol engine has a displacement of 1799 cc and a fuel capacity of 47 litres. It is equipped with a manual transmission.
It has a mileage range of 16.5 to 26.8 kmpl, depending on the fuel type and version. Honda Civic has a length of 4656 mm, a width of 1799 mm, and a wheelbase of 2700 mm.
The highest power of the Honda Civic is 118bhp at 4000rpm, while the maximum torque is 300Nm at 2000rpm.
|Mileage||16.5 – 26.8 kmpl|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||47|
|Boot Space in Litres||430|
Honda Civic Car Insurance Claim Process
You must have the following documents on hand when making a car insurance claim:
- Details of your car insurance policy – This is clearly one of the most important criteria.
- Information on the insured vehicle – This is self-evident!
- Name of insured person – No, the insurance is not valid unless the insured person’s information and information about the vehicle insured are provided.
- Contact information that is registered.
- Information about the vehicle for which four-wheeler insurance was acquired. This essentially contains the car’s make and model.
- Specific details regarding the accident – The date and location of the event must be specified. You might also give a brief account of how the mishap took place.
- Identifying the magnitude of the loss.
Claim Reimbursement Process
- You may submit a claim request using their mobile app or by calling their toll-free helpline.
- An examiner will analyse the damage once you submit your request.
- Then you must submit a claim form that has been fully signed and completed.
- You must also supply all required documentation in order for the claim to be processed.
- Following that, claim updates will be sent to your email address or phone number.
- Then you have the option of paying online or by check.
- The insurer will issue you a claim calculation document to keep for your records after the procedure is done.
Honda Civic Cash Less Claim Facility
Cashless vehicle insurance is a service that allows you to have your Honda automobile fixed at one of your insurance company’s network garages. To choose this cashless option, you must notify your insurance as soon as possible following an accident to begin the procedure. It allows you to have your Honda automobile fixed at a network car workshop without having to pay for the repairs since the insurance company will pay the repair bill on your behalf after reviewing the repair invoice and other required paperwork.
Cashless automobile insurance protects you from having to pay for repairs right away following an accident or disaster. In compared to the reimbursement claim procedure, the cashless vehicle insurance process requires fewer paperwork to be filed and is structured with less formality. It is a faster process since the insurance company sends a surveyor right after the incident, which speeds up the process because the repair job begins only when the insurer approves the surveyor’s report. The greatest repair services are provided by insurance company network garages since only authorised workshops that meet the firm’s quality criteria are authorised, so you get the best services for free.
Cashless Claim Procedure
Honda website provides a list of network garages. For assistance, you may look them up online or phone their toll-free number.
- To begin, take your damaged vehicle to a nearby workshop for repair. Your car can also be towed.
- The automobile will next be inspected by an assessor.
- Together with the claim form, provide the documents.
- Your cell phone number and email address will be used to send you updates.
- You can pay off the deductibles and depreciation value to the workshop and return it home once the repair work is done. The debt will be settled according to the sum covered by the insurer.
- You will also receive a calculation sheet for your auto insurance claim for your records.
Honda Civic Variants with their Premiums
|Honda Civic New 1799cc, Petrol||Rs.14,04,000/-|
|Honda Civic V BSIV 1799cc, Petrol||Rs.16,14,600/-|
|Honda Civic V 1799cc, Petrol||Rs.16,14,600/-|
|Honda Civic VX BSIV||Rs.17,50,500/-|
|Honda Civic VX Diesel 1597cc||Rs.18,67,500/-|
|Honda Civic ZX Diesel 1597cc||Rs.20,11,500/-|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
For Honda Civic automobiles, which insurer has the best claim settlement ratio?
Ans- The vehicle insurers Bharti AXA General Insurance, Acko General Insurance, and ICICI Lombard General Insurance have a high claim settlement ratio for Honda Civic cars.
Where can I get insurance for my Honda Civic vehicle?
Ans- Online or offline, you can compare Honda Civic car insurance plans from all of India’s top-rated insurers and select the plan that best meets your needs.
What insurance add-ons are available for Honda Civic vehicles?
Ans – In the case of Honda Civic Car Insurance, Zero depreciation add-on, engine cover, NCB (No Claim Bonus) protection, and RSA (Road Side
Assistance) cover are some of the most popular auto insurances add-Ons for Honda cars.
What documents am I required to renew my Honda Civic auto insurance?
- Government-issued identification, such as a PAN card, Aadhar card, or passport
- Proof of the policyholder’s address (passport, driver’s licence, bank statement)
- an image taken recently
- A photocopy of your driver’s licence
- The registration number of the vehicle
- A copy of the vehicle’s registration certificate or registration certificate
- The vehicle’s pollution test certificate
- The number of your current auto insurance policy
- Online payment card information